Anyone have SS brake lines?

Intimidatorz34

Noticed what could be a drip of brake fluid where my left rear was parked. I am at school now so there is no way to check the car until next week. But the brakes have not been touched in two years, so if it is fluid, it shouldnt be from a lose line. If anything the old rubber line. Just wondering if anyone has ss brakes lines on their car. And if so is their anything cheaper than the 123 dollar kit from tirerack.

Yeah I forgot to add the rear calipers were replaced 2 years, or about 7k miles ago. I was planning on rebleeding the system and changing the front rotors though. So Im not too worried about the leak. Just a matter of finding the right part to buy.

Guest TurboSedan
DO NOT BUY GOODRIDGE SS BRAKE LINES LISTED ON TIRERACK.COM FOR OLDER W-BODY CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE THE WRONG STYLE AND WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!

I went through a hell of a time with them and after i wrecked 2 hard lines trying to get them to work and calling the idiots at tirerack they said "oh i believe those are the wrong ones!!!!!!"

GoodRidge don't make any for older W-body cars!!!!!

Russell makes universal SS lines that will work if you ge the proper fittings

Good Luck

Dave

will they work for '94+ rear brakes? i am using rear brake hoses from a '95 Regal right now, from the same car the calipers came from. they are different from the original hoses. strangely enough tho, i think my original hoses would have fit better than the '95 Regal hoses :? i would have re-used the original hoses if they weren't all cracked up.

do you have any pics of thoses GoodRidge brake hoses? what exactly was the problem? i was planning on buying them....

Guest TurboSedan
I believe they will work with the newer w-body brakes......but don't quote me on that......

they were the right length but where they connect to the hard lines that go to the Master Cyl they would leak and lose brake pressure....

they wouldn't fit properly enough to seal the lines where they conect...

i got a refund from them but i got shafted out of my shipping costs back and forth.....

i will not do business with Tirerack again.....

and they told me they were going to take that listing off there site and inform goodridge about the problem......GUESS NOT...... :x

dang that sucks. they must only work with 2nd Gen W-body brakes? the '95 Regal hoses i have threaded right into the hard lines on my car. thanks for the heads up.

I don't know specifically about your car, but my LTZ has had brakes that I would call "not very receptive" to pressure. You really get on them to get the car to stop quickly. And, yeah, I've bled the calipers.

I'd considered SS lines as a possible solution (partial at least), but with the mileage on the car, just can't justify the expense. So, if you're not pleased with the feel of your brakes, the SS should help out with that. A fluid change should help, as well.

where can i get these brake lines then :confused:
Great question. I thought Russell sold them for my Lumina, since I've seen them offered by an Ebay store, but now I can't find them listed in Russell's catalog.

EDIT: See Davis' response above that addresses the general Russell solution.