Anyone EVER heard Dynomax Super Turbos?

godofthunder

do a search on the internet and search for 'grand prix exhaust sounds' or something like that. i did...and found a site with sounds files of different exhausts. they were on 3800s n stuff, but dynomax super turbos were what i was gonna get back in the day.

aiight check this........ my flowmaster has a lot of interior resonance well more than stock which was alot for the time. the sound of the car will change with single outlet vs. a split tip.... the split tip sill make it def quieter....... thats why i got a big honkin 2.5 pipe out the back. its deep and mellow and doesn't rasp at all.

aiight check this........ my flowmaster has a lot of interior resonance well more than stock which was alot for the time. the sound of the car will change with single outlet vs. a split tip.... the split tip sill make it def quieter....... thats why i got a big honkin 2.5 pipe out the back. its deep and mellow and doesn't rasp at all.

neither does mine, but according to some all flowmasters are raspy

the 3.1 cav sounds simlar to your ST setup?

i have googled many times sound clips for the 3.1 and 3100...and nothing at all really.

eurosport94, do you have a laptop, or a friend with one?

jon

try this site. http://www.exhaustsoundclips.com

It doesnt have a dynomax for the 3.1, but alot of the other muffler/cat combos sound exactly like it. The 3.1L Cavalier sounds similar.

:idea: you'd think it would

Alright smart ass :D I meant was that the cavy had a Vibrant muffler and dynomax cat it sounds alike.

My dad had a laptop, i honestly dont know what happened to it.

that cavalier one just gave me a sample of what exhaust note I could expect of the 3.1. the ST is deeper than the muffler that the cavalier has on it.

oh wow...it is. thats what im leaning towards. I like the way that cav sounds.

if you find the laptop, let me know...its really easy to record sound.

i wish they had made that clip a little longer though.

jon

The only other pesron I knew with ST was Lee, but thats not on a 3.1

Actually mine is a 3.1

When I first installed the dual Dynomax ST's they were really raspy because I took out the C. converter also. I added a flow tech purple hornies glasspack and it took out most all of the rasp but quieted the note. It had sounded like a big V8 at idle.

After a bit more than a year now they are getting louder, which is okay for now. They are 2.5 in and out mated to 2.25 piping from the down pipe with a 2.25 slip fit F.T. Purple Hornies where the Cat was.

If these flowmasters REALLY give a deep note above idle when new, I'd go for it. I got great buys on my Super Turbos so it was the way to go for me. I like the deep sound!!

You can get a great view of the rear of mine on my WWW site. The reason they are tilted is to get most of them tucked up under the car and to give a look of round tubes from the sideview.

lee...you have any sound bites either? Ivve seen the rear.

I have dual tips...im just going to have them almost sitting at the stock area...rather than angled at all.

jon

thats all right man if you want to sound like a ricer, you know, do whatever the fuck you want. i like the sound of big v-8's, but if you'd rather sound like a 4 be my guest. you really think a v-6 with less than 200 horsepower is gonna be so loud you have to yell to talk to your passenger? hell when i didn't have mufflers i could talk normally.

The only way to get the sound of a big v-8 is to buy one. No muffler in the world is gonna make any of these v-6's sound like a bad-ass v-8. Anyone who has spent a reasonable amount of time around performance-oriented v-8's could tell the difference in a heartbeat. That doesn't mean that the v6's don't have a nice rumble to them or anything, but it just doesn't compare.

- Justin

thats all right man if you want to sound like a ricer, you know, do whatever the fuck you want. i like the sound of big v-8's, but if you'd rather sound like a 4 be my guest. you really think a v-6 with less than 200 horsepower is gonna be so loud you have to yell to talk to your passenger? hell when i didn't have mufflers i could talk normally.

The only way to get the sound of a big v-8 is to buy one. No muffler in the world is gonna make any of these v-6's sound like a bad-ass v-8. Anyone who has spent a reasonable amount of time around performance-oriented v-8's could tell the difference in a heartbeat. That doesn't mean that the v6's don't have a nice rumble to them or anything, but it just doesn't compare.

- Justin

:withstupid:

A friend of mine just had a Super Turbo put on his V6 Spirit.. I haven't heard it yet but he loves it. I'm gonna try to get to his house and get a sound clip some time this week.

A friend of mine just had a Super Turbo put on his V6 Spirit.. I haven't heard it yet but he loves it. I'm gonna try to get to his house and get a sound clip some time this week.

i'd be very interested to hear that as i've heard super turbos on a 4 cyl stratus and wasn't impressed