Anyone EVER heard Dynomax Super Turbos?

godofthunder

My GF thinks the car is going to sound like shit with an aftermarket exhaust on it. I wanted to know what kinda noise would I expect from these mufflers.

I want a nice idle, and a smooth sounding note. Dont mind raspy (i lke Flowsmasters on the 3.1). It also doesnt need to be loud at idle.

And...does having duals change the note at all?

Super turbos won't sound that much different from your stock mufflers. They'll be a little louder then stock when you floor it, but not much.

Get the race bullets if you want LOUD :twisted:

My GF thinks the car is going to sound like shit with an aftermarket exhaust on it. I wanted to know what kinda noise would I expect from these mufflers.

I want a nice idle, and a smooth sounding note. Dont mind raspy (i lke Flowsmasters on the 3.1). It also doesnt need to be loud at idle.

And...does having duals change the note at all?

my friend has a dynamax super turbo on his 4 cylinder dodge stratus, and it sounds ricer, but it isn't loud as hell

go for flowmasters man, you'll sound like a v-8 muscle car, thats what everybody tells me i sound like. flows arn't very loud at idle, but you can feel a rumble. be prepared, you will feel them resonating in the floorpans

see...our lumina (91) stock was loud as hell compared to my car. Mines quite queit, cept for the intake. And for some reason, over time, i dunno...its does have a nice sound when my GF drives it off.

I already have the super turbos, thats why I was aking. Got em off my dads 87 regal, in great condition. I also have some 2.25 y-pipe tips.

tips.jpg

these, actually.

They were going to be below the bumper, about an inch or two from being at the bumper line. I dont like them hanging out...

it would almost exit right where it does now.

jon

yeah...the 3100 is already slighy higher sounding than a 3.1 anyways. Oh well. Im not going to throw the money down for new flows and all that, when ill only gain a very few HP.

jon

yeah...the 3100 is already slighy higher sounding than a 3.1 anyways. Oh well. Im not going to throw the money down for new flows and all that, when ill only gain a very few HP.

jon

i didn't tell you so,

being free changes things somewhat....

actualy...listening to a few clips...they are quiet, little louder than stock, but not raspy at all. Sounds like it muffles way to much though.

dude, like whats your problem. Everything i post you complain about. Really. Um, anoyone else on these forums?

after reading more reviews on other forums, many prefer that sound. I dont want to have an exahust where I have to yell at my passengers to talk to em. Hell, its a v6 for Christs sake. Who cares for a v8 rumble

dude, like whats your problem. Everything i post you complain about. Really. Um, anoyone else on these forums?

i'm bored and i'm fucking around. chill the fuck out. damn everyone has pms here anymore

after reading more reviews on other forums, many prefer that sound. I dont want to have an exahust where I have to yell at my passengers to talk to em. Hell, its a v6 for Christs sake. Who cares for a v8 rumble

thats all right man if you want to sound like a ricer, you know, do whatever the fuck you want. i like the sound of big v-8's, but if you'd rather sound like a 4 be my guest. you really think a v-6 with less than 200 horsepower is gonna be so loud you have to yell to talk to your passenger? hell when i didn't have mufflers i could talk normally.

who fucking cares. Im sure im not the only one on here who doesnt change their own fucking oil. I can change my own fucking oil...just choose not to. I change the oil on our truck all the time.

I dont want to sound like a ricer. I love the sound of a big v8 too. a v6 with flows still doesnt sound anything like a real v8.

who fucking cares. Im sure im not the only one on here who doesnt change their own fucking oil. I can change my own fucking oil...just choose not to. I change the oil on our truck all the time.

I dont want to sound like a ricer. I love the sound of a big v8 too. a v6 with flows still doesnt sound anything like a real v8.

its closer than your dynamax $40 mufflers

the super turbo was to loud for your liking? At idle or while driving.

patgizz...have a sound clip at all? Only things I could find were v8s,and a honda!

jon

these mufflers rock. I bought it for my 3.1 it sounds awesome. its loud up to about 2500rpms then quiets down, but in overdrive it gets loud. I have that same dual outlet tip also. I recommend this muffler to ya!

Is there ANY WAY you can make a sound clip? I will host it, do ANYTHING it takes.

The only other pesron I knew with ST was Lee, but thats not on a 3.1

Whats the idle sound like? Little louder than stock? Raspy at all?

Also...do you have a dual setup? Notice any difference from stock?

Is there ANY WAY you can make a sound clip? I will host it, do ANYTHING it takes.

The only other pesron I knew with ST was Lee, but thats not on a 3.1

Whats the idle sound like? Little louder than stock? Raspy at all?

Also...do you have a dual setup? Notice any difference from stock?

I wouldnt know where to start on making a sound clip sorry :oops:

The idle is real nice, not too loud, but nice throaty(not raspy) sound. you cant hear it alot at idle inside, but once your standing behind the car its loud.

No dual setup, just the single. I noticed a noticeable gain from stock, its a little quicker, but no 20+ hp increase. check out my www button thing for pics of it on page 4.