The Grand Prix Tones Except When Starting, I wonder Why?

1990 Lumina Euro Coupe

I finally got around to replacing the blue chime box today while I was replacing the starter. I was able to get it to tone for the door open and lights on, but she is being stubborn about giving tone when the key is turned. The seat belt light is on, so I know that it knows the belts are not locked. Also does your 1991 Pree "chime" or have a steady tone?

The Lumina and Cutty chime when the key is turned, so the Pree should also. Has anyone ever ran into this? I'm just curious.

I also plugged in a couple of more that I had, and they did the same thing. I now know it has to be in the car itself. I did find out that the blue box from cars of the middle eighties will also work. They have a different sound, but still work the same.

-Thanks!

88-93 Grand Prix's SHOULD chime four times if it's started without the driver's seat belt being fastened. Why it's not, I have no idea. You may want to check the seat belt connection (below the seat, under the carpet) to make sure it's securely connected. You can also try getting the driver side seat belt anchor out of the boneyard if it's that big of a deal with you.

88-93 Grand Prix's SHOULD chime four times if it's started without the driver's seat belt being fastened. Why it's not, I have no idea. You may want to check the seat belt connection (below the seat, under the carpet) to make sure it's securely connected. You can also try getting the driver side seat belt anchor out of the boneyard if it's that big of a deal with you.

It's not a big deal, It is just strange that everything else works. I went without any chimes for two years. :?