Where is the keyless module located?

cryptnix

First off this is for a 1996 Cutlass Supreme ... 3100

I'm installing a Viper 850 alarm into my car and want to either get rid of the old keyless or tap into it... Where is the module located in the car? If I can find this it'll make my install go quicker...

Can anyone assist me on this matter?

Hmm, that's in a different sopt then mine is. Mines below the rear passenger window, behind the trim. Maybe they switched it later on, or maybe it's a 2dr, 4dr thing?

Guest TurboSedan
[uploading picture as we speak]

EDIT: Allright, here it is. It's directly under the rear deck (You have to remove the rear seats to get the thing off).

you have to remove the rear seats? :shock: i only have to remove one piece of trim on the passenger side so i can lift up on the rear decklid carpet piece and gain access to the RKE reciever, no seat removal required.

[uploading picture as we speak]

EDIT: Allright, here it is. It's directly under the rear deck (You have to remove the rear seats to get the thing off).

you have to remove the rear seats? :shock: i only have to remove one piece of trim on the passenger side so i can lift up on the rear decklid carpet piece and gain access to the RKE reciever, no seat removal required.

shit. my rear seat back isn't bolted down anymore

Guest TurboSedan
anyone know if there's factory wiring there for the module if the car did not come with remote entry?

--Dave

very possible. take a look and see.