LTE Engine Painting Project Complete (Pics!)

digitaloutsider

Looks good, home donkus! lol.. NOW ya need to take care of the bumper! lol.. Cleaner than a Catholic School girl.. Listen ta THAT guy! lol.. Wish MINE was that clean! Shit, I settle for as clean as a $20 whore!

Cleaner than a Catholic School girl.. Listen ta THAT guy! lol.. Wish MINE was that clean! Shit, I settle for as clean as a $20 whore!

:lol: I don't HAVE one .. I like mine, uh, experienced. They gotta keep up with my style, ya know :wink:

I used Duplicolor High-Heat Engine Enamel. The color is Chrysler Industrial Red (patriarch!). I didn't sand down the plenum before painting. All the paint was gone from the pressure washing it got before. I did rough up the bars and motor mount brackets though. All in all it looks okay to me. 8)

Looking good Shuan..... Ohh and to the fourm members... This time I did not touch his car... !!! LOL Shaun did this phase all by himself...

Shaun,

I guess part II of the engine bay painting will include painting the strut tower covers, the coolant bottle and rhino liner around the engine compartment?

Coolant bottle might look good done in sliver.

Ditto for the strut tower covers.

As far as the rhino lineer color ummmm... I dunno.. Black? Gray? White? nah LOL

very nice digital...I wish I had time to clean my engine compartment since the weather is getting nicer. My damn job has consumed 6 out of 7 days for the last 8 weeks in a role :evil: . Sundays are meant to relax, but I'll have to get my lazy ass out there to make her look pretty. :roll:

thats looks real nice. thats what i will do once it gets warmer and i have time. what did you use to clean your engine/engine bay? for the pressure washing, dont you have to be cautious not to break something?

thats looks real nice. thats what i will do once it gets warmer and i have time. what did you use to clean your engine/engine bay? for the pressure washing, dont you have to be cautious not to break something?

The only preventive measure taken was to cover the alternator (it isn't even nessacery). The only cleaning product used was Simple Green Automotive.