good tires for my car?

DaveFromColorado

I was actually lookin' at getting the Continental Conti Extreme Contact tires, stock size, they seem to have an overall good rating on tirerack, and a decent price to match. Can anyone confirm this, or say somethin' bout them that'd make me stay away from 'em?...

--Dave.

I cant vouch for which goodyear tires you bought and claim "suck", but I had Eagle HP's and they lasted almost 50k with my kind of driving, that's excellent. They never went out of balance and they were A1 in wet and snowy roads. BFG's are excellent too, especially comp TA's

I had BFG Radial TAs on my 89 grand am, the stuck to the pavment when dry, but when there was water/snow, alls i could do was slide and pray. I hated those tires, although the white lettering looked cool.

I cant vouch for which goodyear tires you bought and claim "suck", but I had Eagle HP's and they lasted almost 50k with my kind of driving, that's excellent. They never went out of balance and they were A1 in wet and snowy roads. BFG's are excellent too, especially comp TA's

I have to agree with Brian here. My 442 Had the BF Goodrich Radial T/A's on it and they were on there when I got the car. The tires were already 14 to 15 years old. I am now just replacing them after driving them 50,000 plus miles.

Well, I put lots of miles on my LTZ, so I need tread life with reasonable sound qualities at a reasonable price. I use the Yokohama Avid Tourings, which work pretty well. Their clear issue is wet weather, but they are touring tires, so what can you expect?

I had to ditch my last four, which had at least another 10k miles on them, because a local service station screwed up the repair on two of them (nails). Total cost for all 4, OTD, w/ lifetime road hazard? $280.

Expected mileage per set: 80k miles. And that's the minimum I expect. The last set had 70k when I had them removed for the new ones.

Performance over the life was pretty constant. They weren't any worse after 70k than when I first bought them.

I had to ditch my last four, which had at least another 10k miles on them, because a local service station screwed up the repair on two of them (nails). Total cost for all 4, OTD, w/ lifetime road hazard? $280.

how could they fuck up a tire patch?? i get drywall screws in my tires all the time, and it takes me hardly any time to patch them, and i've never had a patch leak or anything like that