good tires for my car?

DaveFromColorado

Okay, I'm stickin' with the stock tire size, I'm already set in my mind on that, but here's my question, what tires does everyone run on their cars, likes, dislikes? I'm needing new tires, now remember, I'm gonna need a good all 'round tire, hot dry weather, along with rain, snow, and who knows what else on the road. I don't need* a quiet tire, but it'd be nice - any ideas or help would be awesome...

Thanks in advance...

--Dave.

I have Goodyear Eagle Hp's on my car now and I love them. good traction and are good in the rain. but goodyear stopped making them. :(

I'm giving the Eagle GT HR's a shot this summer.

Fuck futura....well they're not bad (I trust em) but anyone with self respect ain't gonna drive less than goodyear. Kumho this :roll:

yeah but when your a poor college student you gotta buy the cheapest tires on the market :?

Goodyears lick balls, and you can quote me. I can't remember how many GY's I went through when I was younger, but I got smart and graduated up to real tires. BF Goodrich in general and Touring T/A's are the shiznit. The T T/A's handle awesomely, ride smooth, are quiet, and wear very well. Oh, they grip amazingly well in the snow, too. I got a set of Futura Touring HR's for the wife's ride and although they are no BFG's, they compare fairly well. The Futuras have lasted longer and have had less problems than any set of Goodyears I've ever had. Goodyears are overpriced and made out of the rubber that's swept up off the floor of the factory where BFG's are made.

I'm giving the Eagle GT HR's a shot this summer.

Just got some on my car last week. I love em!!! PS 235/55-16 fits great if anyone cares, 245's seem feasible.

yeah the price is good....I hope you didnt go cheap and get the 775's...at least 2000LTE thats what I got for my Monte carlo

no worries i went for the touring se plus tires :wink: they are suppose to be better the good year and michillen tires :shock:

I hate goodyears, I wear them out real fast. And coopers aren't good either. I like my Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's a lot, but the don't make them in that size.

I had posted this on another thread....

I had bought these for my other car that I sold about a year ago...I was happy with them for the short time i owned it...

There $66.95ea with free shippin'

FALKEN - 225/60VR16 ZE512

ZE512.jpg

Goodyears are overpriced and made out of the rubber that's swept up off the floor of the factory where BFG's are made.

they must be make like michilens and coopers, because they both blow. michilens have no snow grip, and coopers tend to develop sidewall buldges and blow out

don't know what michellins u r talkin' about that don't have snow grip, michellin is badass. i have the Pilot XGT H4's and they are sweet, such a great combination of sporty feel and traction with all year tread and a tw of 400 is not bad, considering how good they grip, quiet too. a little high though but with tires u definitely get what u pay for, got mine at SAM's club for $550, next ones up are the V4's and then the Pilot Sports, and unless u gotta porsche or corvette u don't need the pilot sports, but they are badass and they just came out with an all season pilot sport. i know futura and kuhmo suck, but other than that i dunno what else is good, heard continentals are good and bfgoodrich, but imo michellin is pretty damn good.

michelin's truck tires suck ass, they are quiet on pavement but in mud or snow they just spin. goodyear wranglers are much better in mud or in snow than michelins

well i wouldn't know about truck tires, and you didn't specify before so, all i know is the ones on my car are great and i'll get em' again, i highly recommend the Pilot XGT H4, someone else on here has them too and they had nothing but good to say about them

on trucks, wranglers suck ass too. We had NO traction with those things at all. They do smoke very nicely though :).

interesting, wranglers grabbed much better than michilens in snow on my mom's van

tihs was on our first dakota. We then switched to some BFG, which were much better.

On the new durango now, we have some other truck tire from Goodyear, other than the wranglers. They arent half bad. They came on it. I think once these go (its actually 3 of those, and then 1 Wrangler) were leaning towards BFG Rugged Trails or something of the sort (above long trails, but not big off road tires)

do you say that from experience and if so what type of michellin did u get?

yes, we had michelins on my mom's '99 ecoline. i don't remember what type of michilen they were, but it was hard keeping the rear of the van going straight in snow, with the goodyear wranglers it was much easier