TGP Gauge Cluster Wiring Diagram

RareGMFan

Well, I'm attempting my first '88-'93 HUD install in the TSTE tomorrow. I got the wiring diagram off of Dave's website for the HUD itself, but does anyone have one for the gauge cluster so I know what I'm supposed to splice into? :shock:

Well, I'm attempting my first '88-'93 HUD install in the TSTE tomorrow. I got the wiring diagram off of Dave's website for the HUD itself, but does anyone have one for the gauge cluster so I know what I'm supposed to splice into? :shock:

I'll try to post it before I go to work if time permits. If not, I'll post it tonight if nobody else does.

OK, here ya go. I looked at '89 & '91 service manuals for the info.

cluster connector # / wire color / circuit # / description

C1 LT GRN (226) trip/season odo switch - grounded for trip odo; open for season odo (digital cluster)

C2 ORN (640) battery voltage from ELEC fuse - hot at all times (digital cluster - memory)

C3 TAN (31) oil press gauge input - 0 Ohms @ 0 PSI; 90 Ohms @ max PSI

C4 DK GRN/WHT (35) coolant temp gauge input - 60 Ohms @ 280 F; 1400 Ohms @ 100 F

C5 PNK/BLK (39) ignition power from INDIC fuse - hot in run, bulb test, or start (digital cluster?)

C6 NOT USED

C7 BLK/WHT (151) cluster ground (digital cluster?)

C8 BLK/WHT (151) cluster ground

C9 BRN (25) charge indicator

C10 LT BLU (14) LH turn indicator

C11 LT GRN (11) hi beam indicator

C12 DK BLU (15) RH turn indicator

C13 YEL (237) fasten belts indicator

C14 NOT USED

C15 BRN/WHT (419) service engine soon indicator

C16 NOT USED

D1 LT GRN/BLK (376) trip odo reset - grounded while reset button is pushed; normally open (digital cluster)

D2 LT BLU (811) english/metric switch - grounded for metric; open for english (digital cluster)

D2 BRN (374) low fuel output to HUD unit

D3 PPL (30) fuel gauge input - 0 Ohms @ empty; 90 Ohms @ full

D4 DK GRN (389) speed input from ECM

D5 PNK/BLK (39) ignition power from INDIC fuse - hot in run, bulb test, or start

D6 TAN/BLK (456) shift indicator control line from ECM

D7 WHT (121) tach input from DIS

D8 BLK (150) cluster ground

D9 GRY (8} illumination - variable voltage from dimmer control

D10 PNK/BLK (750) ignition power from CLUST fuse - hot in run

D11 BRN (9) dim display input - batt voltage with park or head lights on (digital cluster)

D12 NOT USED

D13 BRN (1675) check gauges output to HUD unit

D14 TAN/WHT (33) brake indicator - grounded with park brake set or bulb test; normally open

D15 GRY/WHT (852) anti-lock indicator

D16 YEL/BLK (68} low coolant control line from ECM

BLUE GP....

those pinouts you posted was almost identical to the 89 Digital Cluster pinouts..Wwith the exception of D13 Ck Guage output..

I thought the TGP's cluster would have these additional pinouts:

Turbo Boost guage

CK Gauges light--- On BLUE TGP CONNECTOR

Low Fuel ------------On BLUE TGP CONNECTOR

So I dont understand why D13 is called out on the cluster pinouts. On the TGP, it's not on the SAME CONNECTOR run.

Hyeboy...

Someone with a 89-90 TGP Service Manual Supplement needs to post the cluster pinouts... I need those too.

BLUE GP....

those pinouts you posted was almost identical to the 89 Digital Cluster pinouts..Wwith the exception of D13 Ck Guage output..

I thought the TGP's cluster would have these additional pinouts:

Turbo Boost guage

CK Gauges light--- On BLUE TGP CONNECTOR

Low Fuel ------------On BLUE TGP CONNECTOR

So I dont understand why D13 is called out on the cluster pinouts. On the TGP, it's not on the SAME CONNECTOR run.

Hyeboy...

Someone with a 89-90 TGP Service Manual Supplement needs to post the cluster pinouts... I need those too.

The ones that I labeled (digital cluster) are from the '89 manual & look to be not used on the (non-turbo) analog cluster. Most of the other pin-outs look to be the same. Exceptions are D2 which has different functions between the two and D13 which is not used on the digital cluster. The '89 service manual & electrical diagnosis supplement make no mention of the HUD or the TGP cluster in the circuit diagrams. Now, I wish I had the TGP supplement. Maybe the turbo cluster has a couple of unique pin-outs. The '91 manual does show D13 to be the check gauges output to HUD (of course this is not for the turbo cluster).