finally got new speakers

Cornerdealy

I went to Circuit City today to get new speakers installed (just the 5.25 and 6X9, no subwoofer or amp...yet). I got Infinity reference 5002i for the front: http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/INFREF5002I and infinity reference 9603i for the back: http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/INFREF9603I

These speakers sound great compared to the old stock ones that were in. So much cleaner. I don't really need a lot of bass for the music i listen to (rock mostly) so I don't really need them to have that great of a bass response (even though these are pretty good for bass).

The fronts were $80

the backs were $120

installation was $40

warranty for the fronts $35

warranty for the backs $35

so all totalled (installation fees, wiring harnesses, tax etc) it came to $340

So, rate my purchase and how much I payed. I have them hooked up to a pioneer deck (7500)

well seeing that I have never been impressed with infinity speakers and I would never pay to have someone install my speakers my rating isn't going to be too high.....and if you paid extra for wire harness I would have to call you a total sucker....then we get to the warranty, I would never pay $35 warranty for speakers that were that cheap. If I were to buy those speakers, which I don't see happening, I would have been out the door for $212 including michigan sales tax....so in short, I think that you overpaid by $128 - Overall grade D+ (for $340 you should have WAY better speakers then what you got)

yeah well seeing that i didn't want to waste my time (not to mention i'm lacking the skills) to actually install them myself I decided to get them installed, yes I could have bought them and walked out with them for the same price you quoted (about $200), and I don't feel like having to worry about them blowing or anything for 2 years, so i got the warranties. I know that I could have gotten more expensive speakers for 340 but then it would have been another 130 for installation/warranties anyway. The speakers sound great though, what kind of music do you listen to and what do you expect out of your speakers? I'm just looking for an overall clean sound, with just a little bass (which the 6X9's more than provide).

I don't have any issues with Infinity as a product...I think they sound good..

so no issues with that....

but I wouldn't pay for a warranty...or pay to have someone do the install either....

pretty basic easy stuff there...

and I would have had them on my doorstep for Total: $183.30

1 Infinity Reference 5002i 5-/14" Two-way Car Speakers 52.90

1 Infinity Reference 9603i 6" x 9" Three-way Speakers 88.90

Subtotal: 141.80

Shipping: 41.50

Tax: 0.00

Total: 183.30

and that is with not to much searching....probably find them even cheaper....

I would add a few bucks for wire...buy it by the foot at HomeDepot...

Sorry...I won't rate it :oops:

:lol: :lol:

Ok i think it's a consensus that I overpaid, so forget about rating the price, just rate the speaker choice.

And just to explain myself further, I'm sick of ordering stuff online, I'd much rather pick it up at a store. And also I'm sure the speakers are easy to install, but I dont want to bother with the time and effort it will take to install them, most of the time, I'd rather install things myself, but I've never installed speakers before, so i didn't want to be bothered. So I just dropped it off and went to lunch and did some shopping and when i was done the car was ready to go.

I like Infinitys I have the in my door. They sound very clear which is what I like, but they lack in certain frequency areas - just not a balanced speaker. But hell, for the price you can't go wrong. Next time I'll be getting components cause I don't like the sound of any of the coax speakers out there.

Ok i think it's a consensus that I overpaid, so forget about rating the price, just rate the speaker choice.

And just to explain myself further, I'm sick of ordering stuff online, I'd much rather pick it up at a store. And also I'm sure the speakers are easy to install, but I dont want to bother with the time and effort it will take to install them, most of the time, I'd rather install things myself, but I've never installed speakers before, so i didn't want to be bothered. So I just dropped it off and went to lunch and did some shopping and when i was done the car was ready to go.

Thats cool man....if you got the cash...there ain't nothing wrong with it!

Im just a cheap mofo....and try to save every dam dime I can...LOL :lol: :lol:

Thats cool man....if you got the cash...there ain't nothing wrong with it!

Im just a cheap mofo....and try to save every dam dime I can...LOL :lol: :lol:

yeah my first car was a POS grand am, and i didn't want to spend a dime on it because i hated that car (lol i would get a car wash like twice a year) but now that i have this car, which i bought with my money and that i'm proud of, I don't mind spending the cash. Mind you, I am just a college student, but i live at home so i really have very few expenses.

you don't need to buy a wiring harness to install speakers

Yeah, thats kinda gay. Chop and solder and they'll never come lose!

yup that's what i did