Ok, question/poll about new car

GP1138

Which should I go for?  

1. 1. Which should I go for?

• '93 Grand Prix SE 2-door
    • '94 Regal Custom 4-door
    • '94 Grand Prix SE 4-door
    • '95 Cutlass Supreme 2-door

Alright. I can't get the '98 GT. I need your help.

Here are 3 cars I'm looking at.

1. '93 Grand Prix SE Cherry Red 2-door - 3.1/Auto - pretty bare SE, cloth seats, newer Aiwa head unit, older interior, no DIC, no sunroof, etc. Engine looks really nice. DUAL EXHAUST... NICE SOUND :D

2. '94 Grand Prix SE White 4-door - Very sharp paint, front bumper is kind of cracked on the right. 3100/Auto, w/ CD, bucket fronts, bench rear, airbags, newer interior.. exterior in good condition.. engine looks dirty, but seems to run alright. No alloys, steelies w/ caps. Good brakes. Test driven as of 1:30 PM.

CS with traction control?

I didnt think any 1st gen had traction control. Its got a traction light....but that just tells you when the wheel slips.

no...didnt think so.

That light comes on for example when you hit the brakes and go over a bump or something. Really wieird. I get it all the time out of my neighboorhood, since I kinda speed up the street quick to the main road...brake fast...and hit this little bump.

yeah, go for the CS.

I voted CS, because it seems like the coolest, but if the white stuff under the oil cap scares you too much, or your mechanic doesn't like it or whatever, I vote for the '94 Prix.

Ok, I went out and test drove the '95 Grand Prix. It's actually a '95, I mislabelled the year.

Good pickup. I like the 3100 a lot. It's a nice engine, it sounds good, it has the 4T60E mated to it, I believe. No TV cable problems. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that it's a 4-door. The interior was nice, it's got the overhead map lights, CD player, steering wheel controls for the radio, and just an all-around nice car.

Going to test drive the '93 Grand Prix tonight or tomorrow. Will decide by Friday.

I'm going to test drive the '93 Grand Prix later today or tomorrow.. and if I like the 3100, and the interior of the '95 better.. I'm getting a 4-door. The first thing I do on the '95 is take the steelies off and put my sawblade wheels on.. I HATE steelies!

No, the white stuff on the oil cap was most definitely not condensation... it looked like glue, couple CM thick.

Maybe the previous owner got a little too excited when changing the oil....

I voted CS....that color is awesome!

Ok, I just test drove the '93 Red Grand Prix. Holy shit, that thing has got some power to it. The 3.1 is in NICE condition. The sound is good. It's bare, it's got the ceiling maplight thingy, the nice bolstered seats (manual, not power :( ), and it's got the BYU body cladding. That's pretty much it. It's got dual exhaust, and a nice exhaust note, plus it's got a 4T60E (i assume, since it's got no TV cable). I floored it real quick at a stoplight, after I warmed it up, and the tires pretty much broke loose. I like that.. :D

I'm gonna think.. I like both the '95 and the '93 Grand Prix.. it comes down to if I want a powerful engine... or if I want good power and a nice interior with that... fuck I hate choices...

Get the '95 man. Stay FAR away from ANY 3x00 that has symptoms like the Cutlass has. I'm warning you, bro. Plus, I wouldn't give up my sedan for anything. My friend has a coupe and it's a MAJOR pain in the ass to carry people when you constantly have to move your seat forward. I hate that. The '93 is another good choice. The 3.1 is probably the most dependable engine out there. You can't bust it. But overall, I'd say get the '95 Sedan. They look good in my opinion, and they're pretty fun to drive. (Oh, and the 3100 break the tires loose just as easy as any 3.1 :D)