Factory Keyless Entry Q's

Justin

My 89 CS has keyless entry, but I have no keyfobs.

Do the newer style 4 button ovalish GM keyfobs

3a_1.JPG

work with the older 3 button keyfob

13_1_b.JPG

system? Also, how about a step-by-step on programming keyfobs to your car? I know you have to ground the wire by the antenna, but that's it.

Curses. I'd like to have keyless entry in the car, but would just as soon use the factory stuff. I could throw a remote start with keyless in there but with the 5 speed and no e-brake cable I think it would be a bad idea.

Use a factory keyless remote. I've got one for an Oldsmobile lying around somewhere.. I just saw it when I was packing. If I can find it again, its yours. Can't guarentee it'll work.. but its free.

IIRC, it came with my Cutlass Supreme. I never used it cause it had some aftermarket starter/keyless.

Guest TurboSedan
i was just wondering if anyone's keyless entry works :roll:

mine does :) i just took out the RKE reciever and re-soldered the box earlier this week. it's the 4th time i've taken the box out and re-soledered, but this time i used paste flux which seemed to help the solder flow over the solder joint better/more evenly. hopefully it keeps working...

the range seems to really suck tho - maybe new batteries in the transmitter will help?

Guest TurboSedan

how do you extend the antenna? isn't the antenna that wierd double-triangle looking thing sticking out of the end of one of the circuit boards?

I resoldered the keyless entry box in the 94 convertible once 2yrs ago. I resoldered the entire thing with paste flux and it's been perfect this whole time.

Use a factory keyless remote. I've got one for an Oldsmobile lying around somewhere.. I just saw it when I was packing. If I can find it again, its yours. Can't guarentee it'll work.. but its free.

IIRC, it came with my Cutlass Supreme. I never used it cause it had some aftermarket starter/keyless.

I'll take it....

:lol: Alright. There is one more guy ahead of you that wants it. I MIGHT have one from a Pontiac in a box somewhere too. But I believe that one was broken.. I think the keyring tab was snapped off. I'll see what I come up with.

. But I believe that one was broken.. I think the keyring tab was snapped off. I'll see what I come up with.

....that's exactly how mine is..... :? anyway let me know if he doesn't want it....

later

Hey mark, is that dactory or 3rd party? I want a factory one myself, lol.. But I also want the ding box that locks and unlocks the doors all by itself, lol

Hi Steve

third party -- has 4 button fob

1. Locks all doors

2. Unlocks Driver side / second push all four doors

3. Trunk release

4. Panic Horn/lights flash :shock:

also when you start the car locks all doors -- key off unlocks driver door

did a nice job on the install too ... I love it

Justin Wrote:

I could throw a remote start with keyless in there but with the 5 speed and no e-brake cable I think it would be a bad idea."

Not really-- you can always isolate the remote start circut and not wire it. Its really a whole hell of a lot easier to wire it WITHOUT the remote start wires. I did it.

Has anyone tried the key fobs from http://www.keylessride.com? I had my final key fob stolen last year.

I have a '92 Regal, and the oldest year they offer is a 93. I am thinking about buying it to see if it will work. I presume I can return it if need be.

Any feedback on these folks is appreciated!

All first gen W-bodies use the same key fobs so 89-96 should be the same.

That place charges $44+6 shipping!!! You can buy them from Ebay for 1/5th the price!

Not really-- you can always isolate the remote start circut and not wire it. Its really a whole hell of a lot easier to wire it WITHOUT the remote start wires. I did it.

But if I went through the steps to go in there I'd do it right. I've done enough remote starts that it doesn't take me much extra time at all, the main PITA is running the wires to the ign module, musthavemuzk can vouch for that.....

Justin? Remote? If not, 93RegalGS is up.. then Jeremy. You'll have to give me a week or so to unpack everything.. everything is all packed up and ready to move later this week.