Left signal

KRH20

No break light bulbs burnt out, no parking bulbs burnt out, works fine for the right side, but when I turn the left one on it freezes. The light stays bright, not a intermittent (sp)? ANy solutions?

Your bulbs may LOOK fine, but did you check the contacts too see if they are corroded? I don't think its your switch because I've had this happen before with either dirty or broken bulbs. Little baking soda and water over the contacts for the bulbs.. all of them on the left side.

It is most definately the turn signal switch. The exact same thing happened on my wife's 96 Lumina. I replaced the switch and that solved the problem. Too many years of pulling on the signal lever to switch the high beams. I see you have a 94, so you have the same column I have in both my cars. Here's a pic of the signal switch. You can see that there's a metal bar attaching the end where the wiper switch and lever are to the plastic signal switch. This is what messes up the switch. And yes, the brake lights are run through the signal switch (except for the 3rd brake light, which probably works fine.) BTW, you do have to remove the airbag to get to the signal switch. Disconnect the battery, remove the airbag's fuse, unplug the electrical connector under the dash (all the wires are wrapped in yellow harness tape and the connector is yellow,) and unbolt the sucker...

Ah don't pull the column apart yet.. If that cam goes out, it shouldn't light up on the dash at all. I've seen the same thing numerous times. Check the flasher underneath the dash. You'd think that when that goes out, it wouldn't work for left or right... I just replaced mine when it wouldn't flash to the left, but would work fine on the right. Did the same thing on my friend's Supreme. Replaced that flasher and all was wonderful again. Try that first.

I think I read the post too fast. I thought he said he had no brake lights. He said that no brake lights were burnt out. Oops. I guess when I read "no brake lights," the gears were turning in my head. I take back what I posted earlier. Replace the flasher first. If you really have no brake lights, then replace the switch.