Hood Scoop Questions

MommyTaz022200

I want to make hood scoops on my car. I think it was GearHead that has the hood with scoops for the 88-96 cars, but I don't remember for sure. Anyway I know that to get the best airflow into them they need to be in the right location.

How do you find the right location? If anyone who has scoops is willing to measure how far from the top (by the winshield) the right spot for the hole would be I'd be greatfull. I want to make ones like the ones on the 97+ Grand Prix's (the ones that look kind of like the ones on the newer, 98?, Mustangs, but instead of one big one in the center I want one on each side. I plan to order some grills on eBay, so I will know how deep they should be. I will take pictures of how I do it step by step, so anyone else can do it too.

well.... as long as it turns out.

Hey Mommytaz..Are you talking about the Louivers like on the TGP? Cuz if you are you are in luck. I have a TGP hood sitting right here that I can make a template of. So the cutouts can be positioned exactly were the TGP has them.

If you are talking about the new Fiberglass hood that is being made for the 88-96 GP's,you'll need to wait til I get the hood, then I'll measure for ya.

I was talking about the new hood...

Now you got me wondering what the scoops with louivers on the side of the scoops would look like. I might try to photoshop it to see...

Yea, I'd like to see that as well

Can you hook me up with a picture of the louvors at the same angle and distance (or as close as you can get) as the one on Club GP? If you can I can PS them and we can both see what it would look like.