WhiteOut

Well, the ol' Michelin's weren't looking too good so its time to ditch the Pilot Sport XGT's that I had. I seriously considered getting another wider set of Pilots (245's instead of 225's), but I couldn't find anywhere in town that had them for a decent price, or in stock for that matter. So I decided to go with Goodyear Eagle GT HR's instead. I got some 235-55 R16 sized ones as they spec out almost identicaly to the 26.1" diameter thats been recommended here before. Plus, I wasn't sure how wide I could go on 16x7" rims and I didn't want any rubbing issues. So, the 235's seemed like a good compromise between the ridiculous and a sporty upgrade.

The tires came highly recomended by http://www.tirerack.com and according to everything I've read they have almost identical performance to the Michelin at a lesser price. So I guess I'll save myself $20/tire and see how it goes.

I'll let you all know how good they are and if there are any clearance issues later tonight after I've done some driving.

i like the futura tires they out perform the michelins and the goodyear tires for wet traction thats what i have on my cutlass but they are the futura touring se tires :roll:

I have Goodyear AquaTread 2's on my Cutty and they are wonderful tires, they were pricey though...~$175 each...

I had a friend who had Aquatreads on his Stang, those things were great in water, but they absolutely melted under any sort of hard driving. My last tires were Michelin Pilot XGT H4's and before that I had Michelin X-One's on my Trofeo so as long as these Goodyear's at least compare to those two tires in quality and handling go I'll be happy.

I have Goodyear AquaTread 2's on my Cutty and they are wonderful tires, they were pricey though...~$175 each...

I had a friend who had Aquatreads on his Stang, those things were great in water, but they absolutely melted under any sort of hard driving. My last tires were Michelin Pilot XGT H4's and before that I had Michelin X-One's on my Trofeo so as long as these Goodyear's at least compare to those two tires in quality and handling go I'll be happy.

my futura tires still have over 90% of the tread on them and they are almost a year old and have about 5k on them :roll: oh and i burn out every time i can :lol:

i have Bridgestone Potenza 009s and im having a hell of a time trying to breaking them loose. if you want traction i recomends these. ohh and they handle Awesome! i can now take turns at 90mph without sweating! :shock: recomended speed posted 35mph 8)

the best part of these tires is the price! 72 bux a pop for 225 60r 16s ohh did i mention these aer H rated (130mph) 2 ply walls 2 steal cord and 1 nylon.

don't forget to check what the speed-o difference will be when you go with a different tire.

245/55-16's are the closest to the stock tires in relation to rev's per mile - there's only a .0739% difference.

Oh man, these tires are great. I haven't pushed them too far yet, but they've definitly got as much grip as my Pilot Sports. I'm glad I didn't go any larger than 235/55-R16 though since these rub slightly on the rear of the front wheel housings.

there's no way in hell i'd ever spend that much on tires for my car, or any first gen w-body for that matter

i like the futura tires they out perform the michelins and the goodyear tires for wet traction thats what i have on my cutlass but they are the futura touring se tires :roll:

I love my Futura Ultra Z's 225-60/ZR16 sticky as glue and great wear had them over a year still look new.

I was on here awhile ago when there was a link for a website that would tell you how much your speedo would be of if your not using the stock size tire/rim. Could someone post a link for one of those sites, thanks!

I love my Futura Ultra Z's 225-60/ZR16 sticky as glue and great wear had them over a year still look new.

damn everytime i see your car i fall in love with it over again. nice job on that fucker :!:

I can say the same thing about my Futura Super Sport GLS's (P225/60TR15).

Has anyone tried BF Goodrich Comp T/A's or Kelly Chargers?...give me your opinions on them... I'm about to get my five-stars out of layaway and I want some curvehuggers... (I thought about Nitto's too...)

damn everytime i see your car i fall in love with it over again. nice job on that fucker :!:

Me ? .... :)

when i had my Bonneville wheels i had 235/55/R17 goodyear Eagle RS-a's and the best i could do was bark the tires from a fgood launch...... pretty damn good in the rain too

FYI michelins suck. my michelins lasted one good smoky burnout...... but my BFgoodrich touring T/A's lasted 6 good smokers

michelins do suck, along with coopers

Whoa don't be bashing on Michelin's now. Those are great tires. They're Pilot Sport line is good stuff. And I certainly can't complain about the X-One's I had, they lasted almost a 100,000 miles and had excellant traction.

If you guys hate Michelin because you bought they're cheapest tire and it melted after a couple burnouts thats a little unfair. Its also a little unfair to judge them for not lasting as long as they're supposed to when your constantly doing burnouts. The mileage rating is for people who drive NORMALLY, not like us.

ah another person uses the pepboy tires they are the w-bodies of tires :lol: good quality cheap as hell