Back sparkplugs on the 3.1

Bruticus

So how the hell do i go about changing the backsparkplugs on the 3.1 i hear u gotta put it in neutral and move the engine. :? So whats the deal on how to do it.

I like to leave it in park and push the car forward. I just find the engine tilts easier that way, but thats just me. Do a search on how to tilt your engine.

I have always crawls under the damn things. It not easy but it gets the job done.....always becareful just in case someone hasnt changed thos back plugs or at least the one on the right side rear...I had one break off cause it was hard for others to get it out and they just laft it...so when I got in there to change it it broke off...meaning the threads broke of and I had to get an easy out and back the threads of the plug out.

Here's how I do it:

Detach the front motor mounts from the engine. Thread a strong rope through the mount loop on the passenger side. Have a friend (or two) pull the engine forward while you stick the bolt from the driver side through the accessory loop (the small extra hole on the dogbone itself). Tada. Do your work, then reverse the process to put it back together.

Here's how I do it:

Detach the front motor mounts from the engine. Thread a strong rope through the mount loop on the passenger side. Have a friend (or two) pull the engine forward while you stick the bolt from the driver side through the accessory loop (the small extra hole on the dogbone itself). Tada. Do your work, then reverse the process to put it back together.

So yur saying once i pull it from the hole where the altenator is the engine will move ?

You can use a pony clamp (wood clamp) to slave the motor or you can just take the alternator and bracket off, (3 15mm bolts) and put a towel on your intake and lay the alt on it so you don't short it. You can also disconnect the battery to keep from shorting. :)

Jud