local dealership about to get an ear full

Heza

so...here's the story...

i brought my GTP in for the steering gear lower pinion bearing recall. they did their stuff and lodi dodi. yesterday, i changed my PCV valve, crankcase vent tube, oil, and transmission fluid for my trip back to MN for two weeks. i noticed my steering gear was leaking. it was coming from the plug where they put the new bearing inside. i got red hot and said, im going to the dealership tomorrow (today).

go there, drop the car off and explain the situation. they call back and i go back to the dealership to get my car. they said that the steering gear end caps were leaking and my steering pressure line were leaking and i needed a new rack. i said, 'you know, thats bullshit. if thats really the case, i will drop my cradle and change the rack myself.' i was just thinking, they fucked up on the recall...get some more free work.

so this afternoon i was rotating my tires and decided to pull out the trusty service manual and figure out exactly where the steering pressure line was and see if it was leaking...NO...it wasnt. the end cap...they said, 'was not effected by the recall repair.' FUCKING BULLSHIT! because beneath that cap in this order are these...plug, spring, and THE BEARING THAT THE RECALL REPLACED.

now im pissed off as shit and have concluded my service manual studies to rip them a new asshole with car knowledge. i will bitch, gripe and complain until they udnerstand that im right and they are wrong.

what do you all think?

amen..

ever since i took mine in...its made all kinds of squeaks and the car just doesnt feel right at all, or like it used to. I cant find a specific problem to complain about though :)

jon

good luck, you'll need it

don't you know that the dealer is always right?

at this point, the dealer can lick my balls.

however, ive come to a different thought. maybe.....just maybe they did the change and all the steering fluid poured out and they just didnt clean it up at all. i checked my power steering fluid again today and it seemed right on. so i cleaned up the leaky mess and will watch it after my 791 mile drive tomorrow.

Its sad how much we have check that repairs have been done right, even by dealers.

:werd:

I very rarely ever take my car in, but if it comes to the point where I have to, I always check, and double check their work. Most of the people who work at dealerships have a small salary, and even smaller IQ (No offense to mechanics who actually do a job right. I'm referring to the little punkasses who do a job just to get it done, not worrying about quality).

Moral of the story: Do your own work WHENEVER you can.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't taken my car to the dealer(or any garage) since I had my timing belt done. I only took it there then because I was afraid of screwing up the engine. Guess what? The dealer screwed it up and had to redo the job, as well as re-time the valves! Fortunately the belt was only a couple of teeth off so it wasn't bad enough to wreck the valves.

Don't forget that we also save hundreds of $ by doin' our own work. It's its fun, too.

I work at a dealership shop (I'm just an intern)..........there are a few guys that are idiots..........and they have work come back on them.......our service manager does NOT like this......after so much, you are gone.

I do have to add most of the screw ups happen when the customer is bitching about waiting for their vechile to get done. When this happens, shortcuts are forced.........not by the techs, but by the service writers and managers. Shops are busy, if you are forced in to waiting an extra 15 min while your SUV gets an oil change.....so be it.

98% of our technitions are great......its the 2% that makes the ENTIRE group look like assholes.

I work at a dealership shop (I'm just an intern)..........there are a few guys that are idiots..........and they have work come back on them.......our service manager does NOT like this......after so much, you are gone.

I do have to add most of the screw ups happen when the customer is bitching about waiting for their vechile to get done. When this happens, shortcuts are forced.........not by the techs, but by the service writers and managers. Shops are busy, if you are forced in to waiting an extra 15 min while your SUV gets an oil change.....so be it.

98% of our technitions are great......its the 2% that makes the ENTIRE group look like assholes.

that 2% REALLY stands out