steering wheel controls on 93 cutty

93 cutty 442 conv.

yesterday when istopped for gas my radio controls worked fine before ishut the car off but after i started every thing on the wheel quit working does anyone have any ideas of what to check for when i pull the wheel off or could it be something in the column :(

i like how the radio is mounted high on the dash so you don't have to look far away from the road to see it, unlike my thundershit, where the radio is mounted literally on the floor

Thundershit? lol Yeah its nice that it's so high, but it sure is a bitch to reach. The climate controls aren't so bad, but the radio is a country mile away. This pic of my dash gives you an idea:

INTMED.jpg

the length doesn't bother me

thundershit yeah, our spare car is a 1987 tbird, for being a 'personal luxury coupe' it is sure slow and ugly as hell

My whole steering column smoked..and burned up last week. But right before that the turn siganls werent working right and then on morning I went out to start it and poof it was all dead. Not to sure about these damn steering columns with all the controls on it.