check engine light

zachismisit

I know, my dummy light is retarded. Of all the things you think the world could improve on, this would def. be one of them.

So, it comes on basically whenever I do not warm up my car before goin at it haha.

SO say, I hop in my car, and drive on to the free way right away, it will most likely go off. It usually comes on when I'm slowing down also after say getting up to 60 and then slowing to 35. Its really hard to explain.

I know it could be a broad range of things-> but

could my drop in k and n set it off b/c of the o2 sensor

what else could it be?

meh

depends on the year but you can uaually check the codes with a paper clip. i forget which 2 pins you have to short but i'm sure someone will chime in, but anyhow you put it in, turn on the car to ignition but not start, the SES light will start to flash it will flash once pause, flash twice thats code 12 it will do that 3 times (code 12 simply tells you that your computer is working right) then wright down any additional codes and check on the net for what they mean.

I will say more than likly from experience from it not haveing to effect performance it the o2 sensor...so your ok for awhile dont have to worry about being stranded anywhere

Paperclip won't work if its a '95. Just head down to a local Autozone, Checker/Schucks/Kragen.. whatever the hell they're all called, and they'll pull the codes for you. Get a code and just go from there.

wasen't if after 94, where you needed that funky scantool to get the codes?

'94+ yep

Except Luminas .. I think. NOTHING got 'upgraded' on them until '95