what do you guys think about the powerslot rotors?

SaberZ

Hey , been a very long time guys :) . Been very busy with work and life, and finally have time to visit the forum and also put some money into my car again.

Having been a victim of bad GM rotors for my 01 Impala and having swapped them out 4 times already underwarranty i've decided to by slotted rotors.

Reading on several forums everyone is mentioning PowerSlot rotors and/or JC Whintney Slotted+Drilled rotors. I'm a bit skeptical about drilled/slotted rotors since you never know what your going to get with them, and if they are manufactured correctly.

Slotted rotors on the other hand(specifically powerslot) have had a lot of positive feedback.

Just want to know your thoughts on it, since I trust you guys more than those "other" forums :D

if you go that route your just gonna eat pads. I talked many times with the guys from powerstop and they said unless you race do not use slotted as they will jsut eat pads. Go with the drilled. I have had no problems with warping since i bought mine. just my .02 cents Later Jay

Well i bought my Front Powerslot rotors via PFYC.com and they should arrive friday/monday at latest. Ordering Rears next week. Just had my ISS replaced(no more clunking sound), my outer Tie Rod ends changed and all seems to be well. Appearence package is next(tail-light cover), and finally get to wash my car after all these rainy/bad weather days!

Also going to probably upgrade my K&N cone setup to a Thrasher Cold Intake Kit. Think thats a good idea?

Not driving it hard. The Rotors are in fact faulty from GM. It's not able to dissapate the heat correctly and thus warp like crazy within only a few thousand miles. No grease was in the Tie Rod end and car was very weird because of it. Got replacements and its fine. ISS is another known issue with the 01 impala. I haven't raced my car in over a year and a half- two years, considering an incident that made me change my views on it. So its not from me driving it hard, its just from a subpar rotor from GM. Several people i know who own impala's have issues with warping rotors as well, even GM techs at our local dealer said it was a problem.

when i bought my cutlass 2 years ago next month a friend was shopping for a new vehicle. she was looking at the impala and malibu really hard. then i through some reviews at her and she scrapped the malibu in a heartbeat. the reason....the brakes. forget if it was the whole brake system or just parts of it.

she ended up buying a tahoe. do not understand that at all. shopping for a car and end up with a big SUV.

oh well

i think the reivews i printed up for her were taken from http://www.carreview.com

Monty