How do i...

Bruticus

Disconnect battery ground cable.

Remove air cleaner assembly.

Remove instrument pad cover and instrument cluster trim plate.

Remove LH sound insulator.

Remove steering column trim panel.

Remove shift control cable at bracket and lever.

Remove shift indicator cable.

Disconnect electrical connectors, then remove cluster mounting bolts and instrument cluster.

Reverse procedure to install. Torque cluster mounting bolts to 18 in lb.

Direct from my alldata. Why they want you to remove the air cleaner is beyond me, but it's obviously optional.

I've had the dash apart on the wife's Loomie before and it's not necessary to remove the dash pad to get to the cluster (remember-- dual airbags.)

Start by removing the lower dash trim (2 screws at the top, and 2 plastic "anchors" at the bottom-- the anchors use a phillips screwdriver to unscrew the middle part)

The upper dash trim pulls straight off. It will be a pain in the @$$ trying to manuver the upper trim off without the steering wheel removed, so be sure to tilt the wheel all the way down and shift into low (if you have a column shifter) and have patience.

I haven't had the Loomie's cluster out before, but it should be just like any other GM-- remove the mounting screws and pull straight out.

When you put the upper trim back on, you have to carefully manuver it into place. It is a pain trying to get the "pocket" under the headlight switch to line up just right...

Disconnect battery ground cable.

Remove air cleaner assembly.

Remove instrument pad cover and instrument cluster trim plate.

Remove LH sound insulator.

Remove steering column trim panel.

Remove shift control cable at bracket and lever.

Remove shift indicator cable.

Disconnect electrical connectors, then remove cluster mounting bolts and instrument cluster.

Reverse procedure to install. Torque cluster mounting bolts to 18 in lb.

Direct from my alldata. Why they want you to remove the air cleaner is beyond me, but it's obviously optional.

maybe to get to the battery cables? on my cutty it is much easier to get to the battery cables if you remove the airbox