Early rear fascia on a late(r) Cutty

god910

I have been thinking about what Dannymik is doing and have a question. The older 4 door Cutty's had a dual exhaust cutout option, I haven't seen any 92's or later, just the older ones. My question is, will the fascia swap w/o any problems? Or are they different sizes? I'd like to add dual to the Cutty, but won't do it w/o the double cutout fascia. TIA.

so this bumper cover has the recessed area right below the license plate frame correct. I always thought it would be really cool if someone y piped it then brought it back and had dual tips all in the middle, like the way you can modify a corvette, have four angle cut beveled round borla tips right in the center that would look tight, or two black Z28 tips in the center side by side, if those would fit.

my brother mentioned something like that for the exhaust im putting on mine. But to me...it just doesnt fit the lines or shape of the oldsmobile. Or really any american car other than the vette.

jon

No, the one's I am talking about don't have the rec. area there. It's flat, and they have cutouts on either side, like a coupe does. I have concidered the vette idea. I will probably be making up a tip/set of tips to see what it looks like, but probably won't use them. I'd rather just use the earlier cover w/ the side exits.

god what year Cutlass do you have? My main concern is on how wide I should cut the area for the exhaust tips. I will have to mess with the original slot, because its probably to small. I just dont want to spend $700 on an exhaust that shounds too raspy on my 3100.

I've got a 92. And I KNOW the 92+'s don't have cutouts for the exhaust, that is why I am asking if an EARLIER rear fascia would fit, because they have dual cutouts. I could make a 3" mandrel bent custom exhaust for under $700. What the hell are you buying???

are you talking to me? Or the lord up above!?

heh

mines a 96.

I dont have cutouts...but on the sedans...theres a raised area under the plate (you can see in cutlassdudes96s sig.

Hah. Im bout to spend 150 on mine. Dual Dynomax super turbos, with y tips

jon

I've got a 92. And I KNOW the 92+'s don't have cutouts for the exhaust, that is why I am asking if an EARLIER rear fascia would fit, because they have dual cutouts. I could make a 3" mandrel bent custom exhaust for under $700. What the hell are you buying???

I remember reading what topless94 spent on his exhaust and it was up there in price. When you get your mufflers are they ordered through a Autozone type place or from a muffler shop?

Guest TurboSedan
90-91 Int have the cut outs

the '90 International sedan does not have dual cutouts, only single. i believe they had dual cutouts starting in '91? i have a rear fascia from a '90 International sedan on my car and it only has one cut-out. no problem tho - i am just going to cut the other side out myself like eclipse5302 did.

Jay - the earlier rear fascia will not match the rest of your car - those 2 ribs on the sides are only on '92+ Cutlass Supremes. BTW you have a really nice Cutlass! wanna trade? :P