Rear Strut Mount

99RegalGS

Has anyone changed theirs? I did some searching and found a little bit. I think my rear pass side one is on it's way out. It makes clunking noises over any bump and it sounds really bad.

Changed mine not to long ago. I don't know how yours compares to a Z34 but mine was really easy to change. The whole mount had busted away from the car. The struts were all nasty and torn to shit.

Has anyone changed theirs? I did some searching and found a little bit. I think my rear pass side one is on it's way out. It makes clunking noises over any bump and it sounds really bad.

The front and rear on my GP's pass side make really loud noises......really bad clunking noises......the front sounds like its gonna rattle right off the car....can't wait till I get my new lowering springs and new KYB struts.

welp, on the rear of my 88 Regal the back end used to make those same disturbing clunking noises, I changed the rear struts and it fixed that problem, then recently I noticed that my front was making bad noises, I thought it may have been the bearing, but it turns out that the screw down piece that holds the actual cartridge in the strut had come out - so now I've got a blown strut in the front I gotta replace it before the car gets sold.

--Dave.

my buddy's 94 lumina had that problem. the strut pulled through the upper mount and was riding on the inner wheel well...... it low rided and banged everytime you hit a bump.

mine was through the trunk and banging on the plate where the speakers mount. I had lifetime replacement on the struts so they charged me $37.50 each for two new mounts and labor. So they're all new under there now.

my buddy's 94 lumina had that problem. the strut pulled through the upper mount and was riding on the inner wheel well...... it low rided and banged everytime you hit a bump.

My GP did that :lol: