I CAN DRIVE AGAIN

GP1138

After going to jail over an unpaid speeding ticket in February, and being without car insurance for the last couple months, this morning I'm finally going with my dad to transfer the Prix to my name, update the tags, and put new tires on the Prix. I CAN DRIVE AGAIN!!!! $W$^*$#)^*T$WETE

Sorry, I'm just really really happy. :D

just out of curiosity, how long were you in jail. i know i have a speeding ticket thats due and i don't have the money to pay it

If you have a speeding ticket that's due, and you gotta drive, drive like a fucking granny. If the cops pull you over and run your license, it's over. I know my bail was at $190, and that money (that my dad paid) went to the city in which I got the ticket. I got pulled over at about 4AM and stayed there until about 11:00AM when my dad bailed me out. Otherwise I would have stayed there until Franklin (the city I got the ticket in) Municipal Court came to take me to the Franklin Jail. I'd have had to stay in jail until court (which wasn't for another day, since I got pulled over at 4AM on President's Day).

It's complicated. Pay your ticket, it's sooo much simpler. No matter what you do to get the money.

Yeah, thats some REAL good advice. Pay your tickets on time. I neglected my first ticket because I thought it was no bid deal, but it turns out Michigan will suspend your license if you don't pay. So my being a genius and all I didn't pay, then I got caught driving on a suspended license, plus I got a stay in jail, plus I got court fees (~$300), plus I've got to pay the state $500 in fines two years in a row. All that because I didn't pay a $75 speeding ticket. Needless to say thats a lot of F'n money to fork out simply because I did't want to pay my ticket.

In Tennessee i got a 73 in a 55 and they set my court date on christmas eve, hmm , so anyways I went and there was no one there to my suprise, so I call the monday following and the court clerk told me that she would reschedule my court date and i would recieve notice in the mail, well the only notice i got in the mail was from the tennessee department of safety, suspending my license, therefore i have to pay 120 to the city and 250 to get my license back...all i want to know is who makes up these ridiculous prices? my two cents, Regalized

Luckily i haven't got a ticket yet...amazing considering the speeds i drive somedays

But anyways...glad you can drive again...just maybe i'll see ya around :wink:

i got a ticket once that had a scheduled court date on halloween. i called the following monday and the clerk said my court date was the friday before halloween. i had to go down and show the judge my ticket so they would not suspend my license

Whats ridiculous to me is that someone who gets their license suspended for failing to fix a broken headlight can be lumped into the same category of offenders as people who have a DUI. Thats friggin dumb as hell. Plus Michigan just enacted a new set of gay laws that basically fuck anyone who drives suspended, and thats funny because according to the Secretary of State something like 15% of people on the road in Michigan are driving on a suspended license. Thats almost 1 in 5. So all this is is a gigantic ploy to steal my money!!! BASTARDS!!!