Mr. Clean AutoDry Review

Cornerdealy

First, let me mention: the color black is a BITCH! Every little imperfection shows up, it can drive you crazy.

Well, I finally had a chance to try it out.

It definitely was much faster and less hassle than using a bucket and rags. I followed the directions and used a wool wash mitt to clean.

Little word of advice, definitely wash it in sections (front of the car, middle, end) You'll probably end up going over the same section more than once.

After cleaning each section, I gave the whole care a once over with the filtered water one more time.

It actually did dry pretty quickly, but some spots were not totally clean (also make sure you dont clean out in the sun) so I had to do them over.

In the end, the car wasn't perfectly clean, but i think it's mostly my fault. I dont think I spent enough time washing each section with the wool mitt.

So my final verdict for the Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash: Undecided.

I need more time with it, and I need to start with a car that wasnt as filthy as mine was.

I also decided to polish it with some turtle wax polish... I never polished before and I dont have a buffer machine, so needless to say, after an hour or so of hand buffing my arms feel like they are about to fall off, but it was a good exercise, and my car looks a lot shinier now.

Sorry, no pics :(

Definitely agree. The commercial is real sweet. Probably one of the sickest ive seen. And im old school style when it comes to that. Id rather just wash and dry on my own. I do use a 'new school' chamois though :D

I'd like to get it and use my own soap (actually, I use people shampoo) just cause I think the gun looks convienent, and I could probably get done faster than dunking a dirty sponge in a bucket.

I'd like to get it and use my own soap (actually, I use people shampoo) just cause I think the gun looks convienent, and I could probably get done faster than dunking a dirty sponge in a bucket.

It says in the directions and right on the gun itself that you shouldnt use any other soap because it might clog it. Now I'm sure that is probably a load of crap, but their soap is not very thick at all, it is kind of watery, so you might want to use some soap of similar consistency.

And how well does shampoo work? What kind do you use?

And how well does shampoo work? What kind do you use?

I just use whatever is the cheapest and comes in the biggest bottle.

Usually something from Walmart. :lol:

Shampoo is designed for human heads, so you know its not gonna hurt your paint. It seems to work okay, it suds up lots and I use a sponge which gets all your regular dirt off. I washed my car today and it seemed to work on the wheels and tires. IMO if shampoo can't get it clean than you need to do some wetsanding/polishing/waxing to your car.

I guess I could see shampoo not being a good idea with the Mr. Clean thing.

What kind do you use?

Pantene, biotch!

I use VIVE For Men Daily Thickening 2 in 1. It doesn't thicken my rapidly thinning hair for shi--oh, wait. I just stick to Maguires Car Wash Liquid. Yeah, that's it...

Shampoo is designed for human heads, so you know its not gonna hurt your paint.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

You dont even need soap to wash a car.......just water and a scrub mit