HBO: I need some amp wiring ideas!

DiscoStudd

I have a 4 gauge dual-amp wiring kit that I'm installing tomorrow. I need some suggestions as to where to mount the distribution blocks.

Here are the blocks:

distblock.jpg

Here's where I'm mounting the amp:

ampboard.jpg

I thought about mounting the dist. blocks on the back of the amp's board, but my power antenna's in the way.

I had these locations in mind:

backtrunk.jpg

Somewhere behind the back seat...

trunkleft.jpg

...or by the left wheel well.

Anybody wanna chime in with their locations?

Thanks for the help!!

Well I just got a piece of plywood I painted black which I have everything including amps screwed on.. so they are basically "on display" and take up a bit of room back there.. not sure if you wanna do that.

Those are some snazzy looking dist. blocks BTW :)

Put it some place you can get to it easy because if a fuse would blow in it you will want to get to it easy. or the fused one any ways.

I myself like to have them where they are in the open because it is nice to show off every thing i think.

Put it some place you can get to it easy because if a fuse would blow in it you will want to get to it easy. or the fused one any ways.

I myself like to have them where they are in the open because it is nice to show off every thing i think.

Same here. Also its easy to adjust stuff on the amps. I got everything just layed out in the back of the trunk, screwed on painted piece of plywood. I'd like to get some neon lights to show off my setup when my trunk is open. :P

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I've been working on this for the last 7 hours non-stop... Anyways, I ended up mounting the ground dist. block on the amp board above the amp, and I made a 5" by 14" board that I mounted behind the back seats (up high in the center) for the power cable and dist. block. I didn't have enough length on the 4ga power cable to reach the amp board, so that's the location I chose.

I took some pics while I was putting it together, so I'll post them later...

Thanks Again!

Same here. Also its easy to adjust stuff on the amps. I got everything just layed out in the back of the trunk, screwed on painted piece of plywood. I'd like to get some neon lights to show off my setup when my trunk is open. :P

I was going to put neons under my amps but then when i put carpet on it i found out that the glow would not come out from under the amps to well.

I do have some LEDs pointed at my subs along with some white cathodes to light it up at night, and it light it up GOOD.