Got another TGP

Pontiac6KSTEAWD

This makes 2 TGP's I own now,,,both not running. LOL!

You guys know the story on the 89 TGP. Lots o miles, runs, has other problems. Paid 300 for it (does anyone still have those pics of that car on their computer, I cant find em anywhere...)

The new toy is a 90 TGP as seen on ebay here .. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2472514759&indexURL=5&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting . I paid 500 for it. Yea its got the grey leather interior, which another member is already hassleing me about :lol: . yea it needs work,,,but look at that interior :shock: . And I already have the parts to fix the front end and back end, and yes I have a hood with louvers. The only thing wrong with the car is the x-over (HEY JEFF M. will be contacting you VERY soon :lol: ). So thought i would give you guys that tid bit. Later all,.....

Way to go on that purchase, I saw that one bid and figured it would be well above 500, but way to go. I was considering it for a parts car. I'm glad to see that it's got a good home, and not rotting.

I wonder what goes through peoples minds when they let rare gorgeous cars like that go to hell. Get that thing restored.

Actually, It was a lady in kansas that had hit a patch of ice and ended up in a ditch. The guy bought it to repair it, or to use the motor for a turbo beretta (yuck). To many projects thing...

I also sold the old TGP to a freind of mine. He owns a TGP in Washington DC. He bought the car with no title in hopes to get one...but it would not happen. So he is going to use parts off that one to fix the one I am selling him, after I take the parts I need to fix the new TGP. So Ones Peices will restore one, and another ones parts will restore it. I sold it (running) to him for 300, considering I am taking quite a few parts off, not too bad. I am making off it what i paid for it when it wasnt running. I put only plugs in it. So I am breaking even, with the parts I need for the new TGP. I rather have the 89 that I sold him, but it needs alot of work. Sooo.... A 90 is my car. Should have it legal in the amount of time it takes Jeff M. To make me a new crossover pipe and a 195 Stock performance chip. About 2 months...I hope.

or to use the motor for a turbo beretta (yuck).

Oh common...thats uncalled for.... :lol: . But hey...what can you do when the donner TGP is in the J/Y and bashed to hell. But if I get a TGP without a motor...this things going in...and in the beretta goes a eather a 2.8 hybrid turbo or onther 3.1 with the works. 8)

Good snag.

Alright, She is HOME!!

Drivers door outside handle broke. Windsheild broke, and a little ehaust work (including that famous x-over pipe). But other than those 3 things,,,, Its fine.. Even the WalletThinner III. No service engine light. No smoke out the tail pipes. Put a new battery in it, and she fires up (with a little work because of forgetting how to idle). The only thing I found odd was this one doesnt have the premium sound system. With the switch for a amp or something in the door. I thought all of them had that? Either way. Im a happy camper LOL. This is going to be alot easier to fix than the other one I had. But its going to a good home too. The guy owns, 1 89 TGP (plus the one he just bought from me), 8 Chevy Eurosport VR's, Various other Chevy Celebritys, 2 Pontiac 6000 AWD's, Various retired Police cars. Just alot of cars, Last count he had about 50 cars!!!

Anyone have any ideas about the sound system? Im confused.... :?

Alright, She is HOME!!

Drivers door outside handle broke. Windsheild broke, and a little ehaust work (including that famous x-over pipe). But other than those 3 things,,,, Its fine.. Even the WalletThinner III. No service engine light. No smoke out the tail pipes. Put a new battery in it, and she fires up (with a little work because of forgetting how to idle). The only thing I found odd was this one doesnt have the premium sound system. With the switch for a amp or something in the door. I thought all of them had that? Either way. Im a happy camper LOL. This is going to be alot easier to fix than the other one I had. But its going to a good home too. The guy owns, 1 89 TGP (plus the one he just bought from me), 8 Chevy Eurosport VR's, Various other Chevy Celebritys, 2 Pontiac 6000 AWD's, Various retired Police cars. Just alot of cars, Last count he had about 50 cars!!!

Anyone have any ideas about the sound system? Im confused.... :?

IIRC it was only the '89 Coupes and the '90 STE's with the "Premium Sound System."

Shawn

Only the 98 Grand Prix's had the switch on the door for the 'Performance sound'. Your car still has that option, you just can't turn it on and off now. All it does it turns on and off the door speakers anyway.

im glad you saved it!! jeez 8 Celebrity Eurosport VRs? i read off some guys personal VR site that only like 1500 were made. i had this phase a while ago where i wanted one of them :lol:

what condition were all his cars in? how did the other tgp look?

im glad you saved it!! jeez 8 Celebrity Eurosport VRs? i read off some guys personal VR site that only like 1500 were made. i had this phase a while ago where i wanted one of them :lol:

what condition were all his cars in? how did the other tgp look?

Some are in nice condition, others are in need of major repair. The one VR he bought while he was out here and bought the 89 TGP from me was in need of major CPR. No motor, wrong tranny, maaco paint job...just really sad. But he has a fetish for these rare cars, just like me, i just dont think I could own 50 or so cars. My neighbors, being I live in a trailer park, would be very mad at me. They called the police on me last night just cause I brought home the new 90 TGP. No noise or anything. Hitched to my 97 expedition. But the old biznatchy next door thought she would call the police anyways....

The TGP he currently owns is in really sad shape. He bought it from a Junk yard out where he lives, has 3 original rims, and one silver look alike. They couldnt figure out why the brake handle wouldnt open the hood to take out the battery, so they took a forklift thing to the hood and forced it open. Someone was to lazy to take out the bumper headlight the correct way, so they used a saw on the rare B4U front bumper to get it out. Just sad.... :(