1997 Lumina LTZ 3100???

f_399

I am new here,

This guy posted on my Cardomain site:

posted by stevethesycho 4/7/04, 2:50 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LTZ? No damn way.. I checked with GM after i viewed this.. I thought I was correct.. The LTZ wasn't offered until 98.. In 97, it was the LS w/ a 3.4.. And the LTZ only had an engine option of a 3800 Series 2. And the lack of Z34/LTZ dual exhaust.. If you paid LTZ price for this, you got ripped. If you cloned one, Good work! Just get the exhaust and paint the LTZ to flat black.. Good luck..

posted by stevethesycho 4/8/04, 4:02 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to GM.. One of my good friends works there.. THe LTZ did not come out as a 97 model. It didn't have the 3.1.. These sources are 3rd party.. Not direct GM.. You find info to contradict mine driectly from GM, I'll consider it a prototype LTZ possibly.. But the LTZ was the sport performance version of the Lumina; the 3100 doesn't exactly scream that. But, if want it to, get the supercharger kit they make for the 3100.. But yeah, it is a nice car!

I am pretty sure my car is a 97 and it has the 3100. I know there are other 3100 LTZ owners out there... this guy refuses to believe that LTZ cant have the 3100.

He thinks he is right but i know the LTZ has a 3100 coz I HAVE 1!!

LMAO the Lumina LTZ didnt come out till 98 my friend. Maybe yours is police packaged i use to work for the police department where i am from and we had 97 Luminas with 3.1 engines that had the Dual Exauhsts and all the goodies that a 98 LTZ had.

"and a 3.4 liter V6 engine are options on the LS and LTZ sedan. "

can you read??? OPTIONS meaning 3.1 standars 3.4 option and 3.8 not yet available

can you read??? OPTIONS meaning 3.1 standars 3.4 option and 3.8 not yet available

chill out humpty, I am on your side.. I was editing my first post while you typed...

:lol: :lol: look at this quote from the article I posted

There is no denying that on the pizzazz-o-meter, the standard Lumina scores about one step above a resting heart rate

:lol: :lol:

chill out humpty, I am on your side.. I was editing my first post while you typed...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Such vulgarity from the new people today.