W-body entusiasts Dilemma

MaroonRegal

Ok, as you know, I just bought a '90 Eclipse for cheap. It's gonna make me some fair cash. Here's the problem: my an old friend of my girlfriend just fucked up his Grand Prix by running it out of coolant. I'm pretty sure I can buy it off his dad for cheap and save it from the junkyard. If it were any ol' Grand Prix, I wouldn't worry about it, but it's not any old Grand Prix. It's a Blue 1994 with the 3.4, so either an STE 8), or a GT. I'd prefer it to be an STE for options sake, but a GT's pretty uncommon, isn't it?

The kid doesn't know much about cars, so he didn't know what engine it had, but he said it had some pretty good power, and that the dealer was gonna charge them $1500 just to take the engine apart and see what's wrong...this is what leads me to believe it's the DOHC.

Here's the shitty part: since I'll be putting the Eclipse in my parent's garage, I have nowhere to put the GP. Yes, I'm gonna be selling the Eclipse ASAP, but I think this GP is a limited time opportunity. Also, even if I find a place to store it, how do I get it there, the car won't drive very far at all.

Help me out by telling me what you'd do in my situation. Assume that you can't unbuy the DSM, and you want to buy the GP, either to fix and sell, or to part out. I'm thinking of renting a temporary storage place, but then how do I get it there?

Thanks,

Scott

Got a friend with a truck? Get yourself a dolly, and then you can tow the car where ever you damn well please. I would store it in a rental place for a little while, around here alot of places have like $1 for the first monthes rent, i dunno if you have to keep it for a certain amount of time or not, but it might be something to check into.

First I'd go and see what the GP actually is. If its nothing special, then fuck it. If it is a STE or something you'd want to save/part out, then park one of your vehicles on the lawn.

I think those temp storage places are quite expensive, and very small. Perhaps ask a neighbor nearby with an extra spot if you could park your Regal there for a bit??

I think those temp storage places are quite expensive, and very small. Perhaps ask a neighbor nearby with an extra spot if you could park your Regal there for a bit??

the 10x10 i am looking at now is $90 a month!

Thanks for the quick responses, guys.

Wow, Jay...$90/month??? That means it'd cost me at least $270 to get this thing running, seeing as how I've never worked on any engine, let alone a 3.4DOHC...

I'm thinking about parking it in my gramma's garage, but I'm already using the spot next to her garage for my Cougar...

God damn...I'm a car pack rat. Anyway, thanks guys, I'll update ya later today.

GT's have pretty damn good options :wink: ..the 91 GT(coupe..91-93 GT's are coupes..the 94+ are all sedans as far as I know) I looked at had grey leather interior(quad buckets), HUD, DIC, and pretty much everything as a GTP save for the 3.4 liter(this one had a 3.1 in it)......there's a local 94-96 GT sedan here that has a couple dents in it for sale(don't know how much, I looked at it when the car dealer was closed), it has pretty much every option as well(3.4 in it).

Cool. This car's a '94 4-door with the 3.4...so either an STE or GT. I'll let ya know.

Its not an STE if its a '94. It'll be a GT. Pretty much not worth it unless you want a 3.4 sedan. Nothing else too special with them. I'm willing to bet my SE sedan has more options in it than most GT sedans on the road... plus less headache with the 3100.

Cool. This car's a '94 4-door with the 3.4...so either an STE or GT. I'll let ya know.

Its not an STE if its a '94. It'll be a GT. Pretty much not worth it unless you want a 3.4 sedan. Nothing else too special with them. I'm willing to bet my SE sedan has more options in it than most GT sedans on the road... plus less headache with the 3100.

Woah...ok. Thanks, Justin. I'm going to look at it pretty soon now, but I won't have my hopes up now. Thanks for the info.

Yeah... I'm sure you know I'm not fond of the 3.4.. There are 2 or 3 GT sedans in town here. I've taken a look at them. Its basically a regular SE sedan with a 3.4. No special options or anything. Well.. one has a sunroof.. thats about it.

It's an SE. Probably won't pursue it too heavily. No great parts on it. If I think it's gonna go real cheap, me and Aweb will buy it together, make it run, and then sell it as a whole car to some 16 year old.

Put a towing hitch on that Eclispe there,and BAM!! You got yourself a homemade towing vehicle... :roll: J/K..If I knew somebody with a vehicle that had a towing hitch, I'd have them tow it..If not call around for some towing prices,and go for the cheapest one..Good Luck Scott...

either an STE , or a GT

Well as you found out its NEITHER. LOL It cant be either one of those they didnt EXIST. Everything changed in 94. But if its a bright blue one SAVE it, there arent many of us on the road!

Does the guy with the screwed up GP want to buy the Eclipse? Maybe you can get the GP for the Eclipse and a bit of $$ since the Eclipse runs and then you won't have to find a place to put another car.

Just an idea, maybe not a good one.