Lower Intake Manifold Leaking bad

SantaCruzTGP

So, I just got a phone call from pontiac. The computer replacement was the problem! The car ran fine once replaced. Upon arrival back to the Pontiac Dealer he said as soon as he pulled the car back into the stall, the Intake manifold gasket blew, causing a major oil leak. Better it happened to him than me. So, Shit. It doesn't look that hard to remove the intake manifold. Anybody do it? Or has anybody experienced problems doing this job. I'm going to get started on this asap. I just got my factory Pontiac shop repair manuals in the mail, so these will be a good guide.

Apparently the guy who owned the car previousely replaced the computer with an aftermarket one and wasn't genuine GM.

Apparently the guy who owned the car previousely replaced the computer with an aftermarket one and wasn't genuine GM.

I have yet to see an aftermarket computer for our cars, or any GM car for that matter. Do you have a picture of this computer?

Adam S.

So they didn't get enough out of you replacing your computer. Glad that fixed it. I would check to make sure you have a new one. :roll: I guess they thought they could ring another 3 ,4 hundred out of you. :evil: I would be leary of the intake leaking it could very well be the most common probem of all the oil pump drive o ring (old distributor hole).

No big deal if the ecm wasn't original gm. You may have the only one. My aftermarket has lasted about 6 years longer than the original gm. Thats 10 years. And it's still going.

Intake is pretty easy, no real tricks except the egr hose and pvc hose.

If you take it off replace the above mentioned o ring while your in there.

Good luck and hope you get your car all sorted out and can start enjoying it. :)

Jud