real LTZ??

Euro

I caught this guy on how his LTZ wasnt real cause, well as far as i know, the LTZ only came with the 3800, but this ones got the 3100. I caught him on that, and he said that all 3 motors(3100,3400,3800) were offered in 97 for the LTZ. I just said yeah right. were there even 97 LTZ's???

I thought they began production in 98 with the series 2 3800.

Correct!

The Lumina LTZ was in production from 1998-'99, and had the N/A 3800 Series II. There was a beefed-up version of the Lumina badged with "LS", which had the 3.4 DOHC until 1997, but not all LS's had the 3.4 DOHC...it was just an option. Every other Lumina from 1995-'00 had the trusty 3100 SFI. The 3400 SFI wasn't even an option on Luminas. Sounds like this guy has an identity crisis. Or he just really wants the top-of-the-line LTZ, I mean come on who doesn't? :wink:

yeah he did a heck of a job cloning it. the only real give-a-ways on its identity is the single exhaust outlet. the interior is all cloth too, same as the base or LS luminas.

Correct!

The Lumina LTZ was in production from 1998-'99, and had the N/A 3800 Series II. There was a beefed-up version of the Lumina badged with "LS", which had the 3.4 DOHC until 1997, but not all LS's had the 3.4 DOHC...it was just an option. Every other Lumina from 1995-'00 had the trusty 3100 SFI. The 3400 SFI wasn't even an option on Luminas. Sounds like this guy has an identity crisis. Or he just really wants the top-of-the-line LTZ, I mean come on who doesn't? :wink:

That's not entirely true. The 3.4 DOHC was available in the Lumina LTZ. I have the magazine article to prove it. The LTZ didn't get the 3800 until after it's first few years.

Yeah.. there were quite a few 3.4 LTZ Luminas. I've seen more 3.4 LTZ's than I have 3800 LTZ's.

The Lumina LTZ began in 1997 with the 3.4

1998 was the end of the 3.4 and the beginning of the 3.8

Yeah.. there were quite a few 3.4 LTZ Luminas. I've seen more 3.4 LTZ's than I have 3800 LTZ's.

The Lumina LTZ began in 1997 with the 3.4

I wonder which was the faster car? I would put my money on the 3800 :)

I remember looking at a 97 LTZ about 4 yrs ago. It was indeed a 3100 powered car (that's what I didn't like about it.) Now my wife has a 96 Loomie, and I'm trying to talk her into making it look like an impostor LTZ :D ...

From MSN:

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?modelid=555&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=0&trimid=166#trimsel

This car sounds like it doesn't even have leather:

http://autos.msn.com/research/userreviews/review.aspx?ModelID=555&idreview=77335&search=MostRecent&num=50&trim=166&lang=All&nav=293783,165611,120014,77335,67475,38295#list

This is from KBB:

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ure?kbb.MN;670684;MN053&55407;sed&38&8;CH;M4&

I remember looking at a 97 LTZ about 4 yrs ago. It was indeed a 3100 powered car (that's what I didn't like about it.) Now my wife has a 96 Loomie, and I'm trying to talk her into making it look like an impostor LTZ :D ...

From MSN:

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?modelid=555&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=0&trimid=166#trimsel

I can assure you the LTZ was available with the LQ1 (I have the magazine article sitting right here on my lap, lol). Its possible that the 3100 was standard and the 3.4 optional. Maybe MSN Autos failed to mention that.

I can assure you the LTZ was available with the LQ1 (I have the magazine article sitting right here on my lap, lol). Its possible that the 3100 was standard and the 3.4 optional. Maybe MSN Autos failed to mention that.

You're right. The KBB info points that out...

wow i dont think ive EVER seen a LTZ without a 3800. learn something new everyday!

Euro do u have the link to that guys cardomain ? I wanna look at it.

There is a 97 3100 LTZ

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14690&highlight=

Got too hyped up sorry guys....

Man i just realize i know someone with a 97 LTZ :oops: i think he has the 3.4 engine and its the same color as my car dooh. I actually wanna clone mine into a LTZ i always thought about it but i been saving money to get my own place for me and the woman.

97 3100 LTZ here!!!!!

No fucking way! I just saw your site and I'm now convinced. LTZ with 3100, single exhaust, and year '97...I had better put up my know-everything- about-Lumina books up cause this is just wierd. So your car is pretty rare or what's the scoop on it? It fooled some of just Lumi guys.

I can assure you the LTZ was available with the LQ1 (I have the magazine article sitting right here on my lap, lol).

I'd like to see that Tim, since we are proving Brad wrong today! :wink:

You're right. The KBB info points that out...
Yeah.. there were quite a few 3.4 LTZ Luminas. The Lumina LTZ began in 1997 with the 3.4

As you can see, Brad, I'm not only one who agrees the LTZ had the 3.4. I will take photos of the magazine article this weekend if that's all that will convince you.

I bought it second hand, had no idea what it was coz i never saw an ltz before.

i researched on the car and found out i got the smallest angine :( its alright, its a great car!

As you can see, Brad, I'm not only one who agrees the LTZ had the 3.4. I will take photos of the magazine article this weekend if that's all that will convince you.

you are wrong.....it came with the 3100 and the 3.4 was optional....see my link

http://www.nctd.com/printversion-review.cfm?ReviewID=298

No, I am not wrong. I never said the 3.4 was the only engine available, just that it was indeed available. My point was that the 3800 was not the only topline engine in the LTZ; the 3.4 was also an available option. Regardless of whatever the hell was standard.

So why would GM put the 3100 in the LTZ when it wasn't the biggest engine? It's like putting the 3.1 MPFI in the Z34 :!: Those smarties at GM, I tell ya... :roll:

So why would GM put the 3100 in the LTZ when it wasn't the biggest engine? It's like putting the 3.1 MPFI in the Z34 :!: Those smarties at GM, I tell ya... :roll:

Same reason you can find GTP's with the 3100. They do some weird things in Detroit. I think they had a delete option for just about everything :?