Well its decided (I think).. my next car will be...

THe_DeTAiL3R

Badass,

I understand that you don't want a "common" car.....and I totally understand where you are coming from. I search for 3 months to find my Spyder in Green w/black top. I have seen one other 3G eclipse that is green and I have never seen another green/black spyder except for one online.

I am most likely going to get stoned for this, but if you want a car that is not too common, has a great aftermarket, are a ton of fun and can be made very quick get a 2G MR2 Turbo.

later

Well I don't really recall WHEN I said that concerned about the GTP being a "common" car or not. I personally don't see it as that common.. at least around where I live. I've seen only a few at the local track (doing great times of course). With my previous post I was merely pointing out what I thought were common cars. Not "everyone and their brother" own a GTP.. they aren't exactley the most affordable car for people in my age bracket. Bottem line is ~~I don't care if you think its common or not!~~

*I like the GTP for many reasons*, I could care less about who else or how many other people own them. They are a Grand Prix, they look good, loaded and comfortable inside, have a powerful engine, I like the ride and handling of them. Easy to work on (just like many American cars), reliable means of transportation. Lots of aftermarket to make them fast, yet they are great as a daily driver when modded into a sub 14 second car. Thats why I want one.

Is that hard to understand?

. Not "everyone and their brother" own a GTP.. they aren't exactley the most affordable car for people in my age bracket. Bottem line is ~~I don't care if you think its common or not!~~

Is that hard to understand?

that is fine, buy what you want, it is your $, but around here everyone, their brother, and their parents drive a GTP...the only car that might be more common around here is the Mustang......

I see so many god damn Sunfire GTs and Z24s in my area it makes me want to :puke:

I see the modded GTP around here now and then, but not enough for me to consider not getting one.

There are a TON of GTs and SEs around here, and a good amount of GTPs. Fbodies and stangs are pretty popular, I like mine though, because I dont see many converts driving around. I do see alot of hard top cuttys way too many lumys, and a good amount of 96 and older GPs. I would not mind gettin a supra turbo. But I would want a newer supra, the older ones are fugly as hell. Talk about a common car, get a 80s cutty or buick, put some 10,000 spoke rims on it and wear your pants around your knees.

That shows how different things are throughout our states and provinces. Just as topless94style said, there are tons of GTs, SEs, and a good amount of GTPs around here as well, although the people driving them are mostly middle age ladies.. lol.

All these people buy Hondas.. and I really don't understand why. They are ugly little dinky cars, and very small. The ones that are fast sound like ASS. Why is that cool? :?

I can understand like back in the 90s when Mustangs were "the" car to have, but due to insurance and price of gas younger people don't want them anymore - they'd rather have a Civic :roll:. But hell, if I were one of those people back in the 90s when Mustangs were the popular car.. I might have been into them as well.. not because they are popular but because they are easy to make fast and have a V8.

I don't really care about 'trends' and if I'm being unique or not, because no matter what you have or what you drive you can always make it unique in some sort of way. With my GP I bought it because it was cheap and something to play with (cosmetically anyways), and its the perfect size/nice riding car. While the older SEs like mine are getting more rare, its cool when people point at the DIC and are like "what is that?" or look in the back and see bucket seats and a console, which make my ride unique from most cars on the road.

But why do the L67's keep catching on fire?

I think it's just that they're so fast, it's like the space shuttles burning on re-entry. The L67 cars reach such high velocity that they spontaniously combust. Actually I'd like to know why too, but it seems like nobody here knows, and I'm not going to 60*fanboy.com anymore.