Well its decided (I think).. my next car will be...

THe_DeTAiL3R

I've saved up a majority of the money to afford.....

1997-1999ish Grand Prix GTP. :D

I got a whopping $940 back from my income tax, which I put into my savings so its really adding up now.

In the near future.. heated seats, power everything.

oh.. and L67ness... mmmm 8)

heres a beauty I looked at the other day.. loaded with black leather interior

03-12-04lbw30-13.jpeg

yeah this car is nice... 174,000km.. a little high but highway milage. It will probably be sold by the time I decide to actually purchase a car... whenever that is exactly I don't know, but I want to be able to pay it in full (or almost in full). Insurance is still another matter.. but I'm not worried about it, I'll deal with it when it comes.

Oh gosh, I think I'll have to unregister at 60degreeV6.com

What a shame.

I'm just joking, its a great site. The L67 still whoops ass though. Cubes and a blower my friend... :wink:

At least its a W-body.....not a stuped J-body like you were yapping about last Winter

:lol:

True enough. The small size gives the illusion of going faster. :P "ahh crazy torque steer with this 5-speed!! :o "

This is W-BODY.COM and I will still be here when I get the car!

Wow I'm so surprised. :roll:

Don't think I don't visit 60* anymore... :wink:

I am..

p2231127.jpg

quite aware...

00106433_1X.JPG

of all these cars...

08777323_4X.JPG

that keep catching on fire.

But I've yet to come across one at the boneyard, or year of it from other forums personally. Considering how many GTPs and GSs are on the road it doesn't really concern me. I take care of my cars.

A dime a dozen.

Amen! Granted 97+ GTP's are nice, but EVERYONE and their brother has one. Why wouldn't you want something a little less common? Just a thought...

yeah this car is nice... 174,000km.. a little high but highway milage.

I think that it is kinda funny how almost everyone claims "highway mileage".....and if you are going to buy one, at least get a 2dr version....

Judging from the hugh front portion that is smashed I would guess that the cutty didn't catch fire by itself....it probably ran into a burning GTP ..........

I seen a black one that was burnt up. The only way i could tell it was black was the rear bumper, the rest of the car was completely toasted. Wheels were still good though.

A dime a dozen.

Amen! Granted 97+ GTP's are nice, but EVERYONE and their brother has one. Why wouldn't you want something a little less common? Just a thought...

A GS is a possiblility. But you know whats more common? Those THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of j-bodies out there with stickers all over them, Hondas, and just about any other small car. They are common if you compare it to 1st gen w-bodies, but there are reasons for that. Sure, I wouldn't mind a TGP, but they weren't sold in Canada (that I know of, cause I've never seen one) so I'd have to go to the states to even find one. I've also thought about going the FORD MUSTANG route.. but those are extremely common. So are F-bodies.

Luminas are also a dime a dozen, but I don't like them and I feel like you guys want me to get something with the troublesome 3.4DOHC engine :roll:

At least GTPs have aftermarket. I don't feel like spending tons of money to get a n/a 3.1 or whatever older engine just to get into the 16s.

Badass,

I understand that you don't want a "common" car.....and I totally understand where you are coming from. I search for 3 months to find my Spyder in Green w/black top. I have seen one other 3G eclipse that is green and I have never seen another green/black spyder except for one online.

I am most likely going to get stoned for this, but if you want a car that is not too common, has a great aftermarket, are a ton of fun and can be made very quick get a 2G MR2 Turbo.

later

yeah this car is nice... 174,000km.. a little high but highway milage.

I think that it is kinda funny how almost everyone claims "highway mileage".....and if you are going to buy one, at least get a 2dr version....

Yeah, the only way to try to determine how a car was driven by a really good overall inspection. I'd have a mechanic look over the whole car for anything that looks suspicious before buying it, especially the supercharger and transmission on these ones. A good mechanic should be albe to tell if it was drove hard in the city or if they were in fact probably highway miles.

As far as 2 door/ 4 door... I think the 2nd gen look good as a 4 door because the rear doors blend nicely into the fender. Also 4 doors is better on insurance. But, if I come across a 2 door that I like, I'd get it.

PS Is that Cutlass a 3.1?? :o