Auterra.......Any Clues?

SmoothSteve3

Hey, do you guys know if there is anything like this for our cars? I'm pretty sure that most of our older (pre 96') w-bodies are not OBDII.....which sucks.......but still, does anyone know of anything similar to this for our cars? Heres a link to an ebay page that is selling the software and the connector......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2471499861&category=43989

Thanks!

SmoothSteve

Yeah......I do use the paper clip to grab error codes and such......but I'm talking more like for the read out.....

My friend has bought one for his 95 eclipse, and it gives rpm, temp, oil pressure, speed, top speed, quarter mile, horses, torque,.....and the list goes on and on. I mean, yeah, it gives you the error codes....but it also does so much more. Its basically like having a laptop in your car

Yeah......I do use the paper clip to grab error codes and such......but I'm talking more like for the read out.....

My friend has bought one for his 95 eclipse, and it gives rpm, temp, oil pressure, speed, top speed, quarter mile, horses, torque,.....and the list goes on and on. I mean, yeah, it gives you the error codes....but it also does so much more. Its basically like having a laptop in your car

HMMM im tempted to buy it i wonder if it will work in my 95 Lumina LS :?:

I'm smoothsteve's friend with the 95 eclipse. I found a few things that might work on pre-96 vehicles. I'm not sure if these links will help you out or not. They were created for eclipses, but i'm sure they would work for other cars. The OBDII was standardized in 1996, but some cars earlier than that do have it.

A program called MMCD

Download MMCD for free

A program called pocketlogger this might work with your cars, but i'm not sure... check out the compatibility on it.

Tunerstein This is another program similar to the others.

the first link has a nice link at the bottom that shows you how to make a cable for the 1st gen DSMs (eclipse/Talon/Laser/Galant) it might work for the pre-96 w-bodies too.

Hope that helps some.

Sehe147

Uh.. anything Pre 96 (OBD 1/1.5) wouldn't need that. Paperclip, my man.

paperclip dont work on my car....1994

'94 got the awesome 1.5 OBD.. nothing really works for it. Its the worst of both types.

HMMM im tempted to buy it i wonder if it will work in my 95 Lumina LS :?:

umm NO!

94 and 95 are the odd ball years. No paperclip tix and not obd2. your basicly stuck buying a programed chip or taking your car in for service at autozone with proper scan tools