Removed that damn snorkel assembly

digitaloutsider

Well, I finally got around to truely gutting my airbox and taking off that entire stupid snorkel piece. Previously I just sawed off the vaccum cleaner attachment part that went to the headlights. This time I took off the entire assembly. All I have to say is WOW. It sounds SO awesome and I do notice some high end power. If you haven't done this mod yet, I definitely suggest it.

Edit:

Apparently, some people argue that it kills low end performance. Personally, I havent noticed any loss whatsoever. I do notice that it's much louder. Whatever. Do it at your own risk.

Thats interesting, digitaloutsider.

Did you take off more than just the snorkel itself? Here's a pic of mine:

snorkel.bmp

I only took the snorkel itself off and left the piece that the snorkel mounts too. Think I should take that off too?

Thats interesting, digitaloutsider.

Did you take off more than just the snorkel itself? Here's a pic of mine:

snorkel.bmp

I only took the snorkel itself off and left the piece that the snorkel mounts too. Think I should take that off too?

Thats how mine is. I forget why I took it off - to suck in more air I guess.

You guys inspired me to take off my "snorkel" but I tried and the only way I can think of doing it, is with something destrcutive. I didn't see any bolts or anyhting :(, any ideas?... besides drilling

Just unbolt the airbox, take it out and pop the rivits holding it on.

Yep. Simple as that. Pop 'em off and enjoy the new vrrrhhhrooom sound.

Well today I took off the part of the snorkel that was remaining. The rivets drilled out no problem. I can't say its any louder though. My exhaust is probably covering most of it up I guess. What does it sound like on your cars?

My car is too loud I don't notice a difference either. Nothing sounds better than stock 16 year old rusty peeling mufflers.

No no no. Nothing sounds better than rusty peeling mufflers with large holes in them.