K&N didnt fit...wtf?

Cornerdealy

I went to pep boys today and picked up a k&n filter, the guy looked up the right one for my car on the computer, and sold me it. I tried putting it in and it was too big...wtf? I returned it and ended up buying a cheap-o paper filter from fram which fit perfectly. does anyone know the right item number for the K&N that fits my 3100?

they're worth $50?

$50 for an air filter sounds high to me

You may not, but others do. Some will pay a lot for a few extra HP.

You also have to consider that a K&N never has to be replaced. It will last you the life of your car, and possibly many cars down the road if you buy similar GM vehicles (that use the same filter).

on the one i sent you? or the both?

THe one I had fit perfectly in both, thats REALLY wierd

jon

no, the one you sent me is the same size as my other one. I just think the guy gave me the wrong size filter.

I rather waste 100 bucks on a good CAI for my car rather then pay 50 bucks for the K&N filter.

thats the way i look at it

anyone hear about that new fram hi flow air filter? i wonder if its any good, and if it costs less than a k&n

anyone hear about that new fram hi flow air filter? i wonder if its any good, and if it costs less than a k&n

i Think it's called warthog or something like that? I was looking at them today at pepboys also, they were only a few bucks cheaper than the k&n, but they aren't meant to be used forever like the k&n filters, they dont have any recharge kits or nothing, they are just washable and last a few years i think. I was gonna get it but i figured i'll just wait and get a k&n that fits.

I went to pep boys today and picked up a k&n filter, the guy looked up the right one for my car on the computer, and sold me it. I tried putting it in and it was too big...wtf? I returned it and ended up buying a cheap-o paper filter from fram which fit perfectly. does anyone know the right item number for the K&N that fits my 3100?

The 3.1L K&N is longer....maybe he gave you that one