5 spd question

stockgp

anyone know the differences between a beretta gt 5 speed and gp 5 speed. i'm going to buy one, but i want to be sure it's a good idea. it's mated to a 3.1. ok so if i use the beretta tranny, would i burn it up cuz the gp is bigger than the beretta?

the intermediate shaft and axles are different lengths, and prolly shift cables too, and I think gearing is different too. Better off getting a whole W body 5spd and swapping over that way

axles from my auto tranny won't work? what's different about the shift cables? i've heard of the z-24 swap being done in a gp, i assume a beretta gp swap would be the same. would different gearing be a problem?

axles from my auto tranny won't work?

I think you should do a search on this and read some more topics and sites before getting into this...

I don't think they made a 3.1 5-speed int he Grand Prix. I think they were auto only.

If so, gearing is the same and shift cables will be clsoe, but not identical. They could work, but you may have to reroute them.

Teh axles will be longer as the GP was wider than the Retta

I don't think they made a 3.1 5-speed int he Grand Prix. I think they were auto only.

If so, gearing is the same and shift cables will be clsoe, but not identical. They could work, but you may have to reroute them.

Teh axles will be longer as the GP was wider than the Retta

They made GP's w/ the 3.1/5spd(the manual tranny was "standard" ...although, there aren't a ton of them around)...TGPilot used a 89 or 90 5spd GP parts car for his TGP(*Luke's*) 5spd swap if I'm remembering right.

i just need to know what i would need to make the beretta 5 speed work in my gp. or if anyone has the stuff to do a 5 speed swap and would sell it let me know

ok...heres the deal. 282's were matted to the 2.8L and 3.1L, although I dont know how many 2.8L got a manual. Anyways the 3.4L DOHC came out in 91 as well as the 284 trans that got bolt to it. The 284 only got bolted up to the DOHC motor 91-93..