Say goodbye to a fellow w-body....

Green96GTPchick

Yes, another w-body owner has bid us farewell. Burneroftherice traded in his 92 Z34 for a 94 chevy silverado. ( damn traitor :wink: ) He has enjoyed all the info he got form you guys. I however still have mine. YAY!!!!! :D

yes indeed i did, its a 94 1500 with the Z-71 package. its a standard cab with the shortbed. Its got the 350 TBI and is pretty fun. Already i have a flowmaster exhust :D and a k&n dropin filter. Ill check this board from time to time but from now on im burnerofdatires at http://www.fullsizechevy.com

The things i miss about the lumina is the fact that it had space for 5 people, had waaaaaaaay better gas milage :( , and was alot lighter meaning more throttle response. And truely it was prob faster in the quarter beign that trucks have a hard time getting into the 15s without some major mods. Also somethign that you might not think about is the fact that the w-bodys are equipt with 6x9 in the back. my truck only has 4 4x6s which provide no bass whatsoever. soon ill have a 10" sub behind the seats tho to make up for it.

Someday i hope to find another lumina Z. hopefully with a getrag 8)

But like i said ill check back from time to time being that my girl still has the gtp. thanks for the laughs guys,

Burner

I got spanked in a street race by a Z71.

Have fun with your new truck. :)

Haha me too my best friends brother owns a 2000 Z71 that thing boogies.

More then likely that 2000 Z71 that spanked you has the 327, which is a 5.3L. Now my dads 2000 Silverado Ext. Cab has the smaller 4.8L. I raced him one day off a light w/ my Bonneville, and we were damn near side by side, I was very suprised.

Aaron

or it has the 5.7 350, my brother has a 98' Z71 extended cab, 350. he did the exhaust, black with dark tint, shiny chrome bumpers, ...damn what a good lookin' truck. he took my idea too and put on the black Z28 rectangle tips for the exhaust, looks so damn good on that truck

Burneroftherice traded in his 92 Z34 for a 94 chevy silverado. ( damn traitor :wink: )

:evil: Damn traitor :evil: , we're not only loosing a W-Body owner, we're loosing another Lumina :cry:

Burneroftherice traded in his 92 Z34 for a 94 chevy silverado. ( damn traitor :wink: )

:evil: Damn traitor :evil: , we're not only loosing a W-Body owner, we're loosing another Lumina :cry:

Yes we are, well you are..

He and i have kinda raced and i beat him every time. I dont think he thinsk his truck could possibly beat me, so he doesnt try. Also the 96+ trucks had the vortec engiens, which were much better than the previous years.

That's too bad that we are loosing a W. :cry:

Speaking of 1500 Z71's, I raced my friends 2003 yesterday and I was pretty pleased with my Z's performance against a brand new V-8. He took me off the line, but I stayed even with his back bumper until we stoped...so he never gained off of me from the initial launch. Wait till I get my pulley on, then we'll have to race again!

That's too bad that we are loosing a W. :cry:

Speaking of 1500 Z71's, I raced my friends 2003 yesterday and I was pretty pleased with my Z's performance against a brand new V-8. He took me off the line, but I stayed even with his back bumper until we stoped...so he never gained off of me from the initial launch. Wait till I get my pulley on, then we'll have to race again!

Did you brake torque? With the fundamentals of drag racing I'm sure you could beat him, since trucks have bad traction.

Did you brake torque? With the fundamentals of drag racing I'm sure you could beat him, since trucks have bad traction.

No I did not power brake, I will have to race him again and try it.