guage cluster problems..........

Z34door

so i changed the pinout on my plug to put in my 90 euro guage cluster but everything is acting weird..... the fuel guage goes from empty to full when i turn the igniton on .. the tach lead isn't hooked up yet but nothing seems to work right...... the odometer is fucked up so i'm going to get another from the junkyard but i'm prolly going to get a 92 Z34 cluster out of the car i'm getting my rear clip off of. but should everything work ok once i put the different cluster in???

For some reason when I had a 90 cluster it didn't work right either. I have a 92 cluster now and it works just fine.

which cluster # do you have 16151621 or 16168911

should this make a difference or are they wired the same?

For some reason when I had a 90 cluster it didn't work right either. I have a 92 cluster now and it works just fine.

which cluster # do you have 16151621 or 16168911

should this make a difference or are they wired the same?

They should be wired the same. I went from a 92 base cluster to an 94 gages cluster to a 90 gages cluster. Went to the 90 so I could get an oil pressure gauge. The 94 and 90 worked exactly the same. Since you rewired the plug, you may want to double check your pinouts. When I went from the 94 to the 90 cluster, I found out I had put the oil switch/sender lead in an unused slot.

I think the 2 part numbers you have are in reference to whether they have the volt meter or the oil pressure gauge in them.

If the gauge cluster I have is the same as the one your trying to put in your car I have wiring diagrams I got from a mechanic. They are from the Mitchel Repair Diagnostics the shops use. I used them to find the right wires my DIC and remote start/alarm tapped into.

the one i'm getting is out of a 94. i'm changing bc the odometer is fucked with...... i think my parts car was stolen at some time because the columb harness was butchered.. and the odometer was broken

i double checked the pinout and its weird....... everything is in the right spot just the fuel guage goes whacky..... i know the car is really low on feul.... and it goes to empty when the car is off....... but then i turn the igniton on it goes to full i think the cluster is broken .

I have the one with the oil press. guage. I think something was screwed up with the 90 cluster because there was a fried trace on the board and a chip on one of the modules burned up.