exhaust

93vinX

putting new exhaust on my car... wanna know what every ones got and if they like it or if anyone has any idea of what may sound good, i want it to be low tone but not loud

any info would be helpful

carsound cat, or not cat if you dont have emissions

2.5" piping

2.5" 18" magnaflow round muffler

2.25" Ypipe

2.5" Magnaflow mufflers

3" tips

That is what i have and i like the sound alot. I have a clip i made this past saturday, if anyone can host it for me. Kinda sounds bad cuz its windy and i dunno, it doesnt sound teh same on the comp as it does in real life.

carsound cat, or not cat if you dont have emissions

2.5" piping

2.5" 18" magnaflow round muffler

2.25" Ypipe

2.5" Magnaflow mufflers

3" tips

That is what i have and i like the sound alot. I have a clip i made this past saturday, if anyone can host it for me. Kinda sounds bad cuz its windy and i dunno, it doesnt sound teh same on the comp as it does in real life.

right click and save

http://nathan.nonameconcepts.com/showing_off_018.avi

Do you think the 40's would fit on my 92' Cutty Supreme (sl)?

yes they will fit.

the person installing will have to make hanger brakets for it.

i should really take a pic of under the car

if you dont want a dominate sound but still want the deep rumble i hear the 30s are better

2.5" straight-pipe in place of cat

Flowmaster 40-series (2.25" in/out)

Twin 2" chrome outlets

Rest of piping is stock

if you dont want a dominate sound but still want the deep rumble i hear the 30s are better

The 30 has a nice sound also, but is quiter and to me actually has a less dominate sound. Since the 30 is a 3-chamber (as opposed to 2 for the 40), a resonator is less necessary.

Twin 2" chrome outlets

Rest of piping is stock

Does that work for a '92 Supreme SL?

Twin 2" chrome outlets

Rest of piping is stock

Does that work for a '92 Supreme SL?

I'm pretty sure the 2.25" inlet and outlet would work well for the 92's single exhaust. If you have the "dual" exhuast, I think the tubing narrows to 2.0" after the Y-pipe. In that case you may want 2.0" in/out to replace the mufflers.

stock exhaust to the rear suspension, then a split right after the rear mono-leaf into 2 40 series Flowmasters

truly sounds like the car has a much larger engine than it does. nice, deep rumble from idle to 3,000 rpm

no, you don't need a resonator, it is loud, but not too loud to drive the car on a daily basis.

i like the deep rumble of flowmasters over the ricer howl of straight-through mufflers like magnaflow and dynamax

no, you don't need a resonator, it is loud, but not too loud to drive the car on a daily basis.

You may want one if you don't use a catalytic converter.

i like the deep rumble of flowmasters over the ricer howl of straight-through mufflers like magnaflow and dynamax
:werd:

You may want one if you don't use a catalytic converter.

:werd:

some people might want a resonator, but i like loud exhaust, if it doesn't sound ricer

i wanna dump my cat!

and i still can't stand straight-through mufflers. there's no rumble

i can feel my flows vibrate in the floor pans even

You may want one if you don't use a catalytic converter.:

some people might want a resonator, but i like loud exhaust, if it doesn't sound ricer

i wanna dump my cat!

and i still can't stand straight-through mufflers. there's no rumble

Heck yeah, I agree with you. If a good sounding exhaust isn't loud, what's the point? All I meant is that sometimes without a resonator the exhaust may be a little raspy, which is a sound some people don't like. Usually a resonator won't quiet the exhaust that much, it'll just get rid of the rasp.

When I took my cat off, the exhaust get a lot louder (which is what I wanted), but at the same time gained a little rasp.

Tim, are you running one or two flowmasters?

i've never heard a single flowmaster in person, just wondering what they sound like solo

Its just a single. :( Looking back on it I wished I had gone with a Y-pipe and split it off into duals, but instead I saved a little cash and went with a single. IMO it sounds just as good as any dual setup I've heard (just doesn't look as cool).

well my cat is gone and i've had the turbo mufflars on there... they were very restrictive and not to loud, i just want a nice tone and good performance, the flowmasters seem like they get a little crackly, i kno several kids with 3.1's and it doesn't peak my interest. wensday i'm goin to check some stuff out and i'll get back to you guys :twisted:

does ne body have ne thing else... i kno i heard a grand prix once that souded beatiful, but never got to ask him... ne one ever tried dynomax, magnaflow, slp, or even one of tose performance shop brand mufflars that somhow come out sounding great?? :roll:

I feel glad I have a 94 GP dual setup w/ a resinator.. I will be welding 2 Flowmaster Delta 40's onto it.. A friend of mine has one on his 3.1 Celebrity, and it sounds beaustiful!! BTW, if anyone wants my stock muffler w/ a "high performance" hole in the bottom, PM me.. :lol: It sounds pretty good, but it's the original muffler, and I want duals.. Damn thing rattles too because the outer skin burned away, but not in the same pattern, so some of the outer skin is right in the path of the exiting exhaust out the bottom.. lol.. I will have cips w/ mt laptop of before and after! :D

does ne body have ne thing else... i kno i heard a grand prix once that souded beatiful, but never got to ask him... ne one ever tried dynomax, magnaflow, slp, or even one of tose performance shop brand mufflars that somhow come out sounding great?? :roll:

be aware if you use a straight through muffler like a dynamax or magnaflow you will get a ricer sound, they don't have the flowmaster rumble