Springs, Struts, and Strut mounts for 92 Regal

gtphill

Sure glad I found this list!

I purchased a 1992 Regal Limited 4 Door (Gen 1 W-body) with about two years ago from an elderly woman. It's in great shape, and still very low mileage (50k), but desperately needs new front springs, and new struts all the way around.

The car has the FE1 suspension, which is rediculously soft. I would like to add stiffer springs and higher rate struts, and strut mounts to reduce some of the body flex.

The W-body page is out of date, and i am trying to figure out what to purchase.

I am looking for something of FE3, or a little better, performance.

Insights are greatly appreciated!

Only strut mounts I've ever seen are OEM or OEM replacements. I don't think strut mounts are your problem anyway.

I'd go with KYB GR2 struts.

FE3 springs on the newer cars seem a little soft, I'd try to get springs out of an 89-90 Turbo Grand Prix, they are spring code "FUZ". They are the stiffest I've experienced on any W-body.

You might also consider Suspension Techniques lowering springs, available from JC Whitney for 95-99 Monte/Lumina. The front ones will fit. Rear will not.

Only strut mounts I've ever seen are OEM or OEM replacements. I don't think strut mounts are your problem anyway.

I'd go with KYB GR2 struts.

FE3 springs on the newer cars seem a little soft, I'd try to get springs out of an 89-90 Turbo Grand Prix, they are spring code "FUZ". They are the stiffest I've experienced on any W-body.

You might also consider Suspension Techniques lowering springs, available from JC Whitney for 95-99 Monte/Lumina. The front ones will fit. Rear will not.

Ok, I will get the KYB's ordered. Also I had a brain fart when typing this. I had meant to ask about strut tower braces, but was thinking about needing to purchase the strut mounts.

Time to go raid alldata for the part numbers...