intake ?

sonyman87

i know Cowl induction creates a vacume = slightly cooler air = more air(denser)

ram air creats small small preasure = slightly warmer air but more of it.

so what would be the best for the 3.4dohc?

I've seen quite a few 3.4s with Ram air intake (short ram CAI). The 3.4 is a heavy breathing engine at high RPMs, so unlike the pushrods it would bennifit greatly on the top end from getting MORE air.

they both get more air to the motor in 2 different ways.. cowl induction might be more benificial with my eRam..

any other opinions....

I don't know the differences in performance, really, but think about which is easier to build. A Lumina with a cowl induction hood is going to look really stupid, and you'd have to custom build it, because I doubt anybody makes one. Ram air would be easier. Even if you decide to do an in-hood Ram-Air, it's easier to build than the cowl induction. One problem with Ram-Air, is that if you build a Ram-Air, you need to include some way to keep water out of your intake.

well im going for as close as a stock look as possible so im not going to redo the hood.

i was thinking about pulling air from under the car.. if not probably install a hood vent and run my cowl intake threw the hood vent.

well im going for as close as a stock look as possible so im not going to redo the hood.

i was thinking about pulling air from under the car.. if not probably install a hood vent and run my cowl intake threw the hood vent.

take your hood off and stick the intake into the air :D

take your hood off and stick the intake into the air :D

:roll:

:lol: j/k man, i seen a GA like that last summer, i couldnt stop laughing at the kid, and he kept revving at me so i pointed and laughed harder.

I would try something with the hood vents, that will keep it looking more stock than a cowl/ram air hood. And going underneath the car might cause too many curves in the intake piping.

lol the z34hood hood vents point to the windsheild the same as a cowl induction would.. if i were to make one a possible intake it would be attached to the intake pipe not just open to let air out.