How much to have wheels polished?

1RedGP

...SAD

You get mad when we insult your prices, then you insult others and think it's ok? :?

Anyway I would guess maybe $50 per rim? It's expensive cause it takes a lot of time. It's not hard to do, it invloves sanding for a while and then buy some metal polish and you should be all set.

WTF??? Was that necessary? Mind your business :verymad: Do you just post to get your ranking up?...SAD

i could care less about my ranking.

not gonna go there.

there is alot of info and good people on the forum who can lend some help and advice on how to do things. usually doing things yourself saves you some cash and gives you a sense of pride in doing it yourself. then when someone compliments you on it you get another boost as you can say you did it yourself.

then share the info with the community.

i agree somethings are beyond what some people can do, but many are not.

Monty

oh and i just noticed your location.

iirc there are many people in or near OH that might be able to lend a closer hand than the forum. as in in person help.

Monty

hey man...what you can do...is just have the factory option ones like i have.

505596_23_full.jpg

if not that...sand the clearcoat off the wheels, then sand the wheels down going up to 2000 grit sandpaper and then polish then. add some new clearcoat and youre set.

are those Cobra knockoffs that are on your car now?

I used some industrial paint remover that they use on aircrafts. This took it off rather easy. After I got most of the paint off I used 320 grit sand paper to smooth down the rough stuff then went up to 1500 grit to get a nice polish effect. The outcome was a nice polished aluminum finish. Not bad for a stock rim on my Z34. It did take a few days to get them the way I wanted, but beats sending them in to get them done. You might as well go out and buy some new rims.

Anyway, that my 5 cents worth.

Later