To neon or not to neon, that is the question.....

90TGP

Ok guys, what do you think about red neons on a red GP? I know a couple of you have them already. I would only go with StreetGlow Gold Series if I did get neons. And I would only get them AFTER I finish my front mount intercooler project, get my new wheels and tires mounted, and my racing seats installed.

Yes?

No?

Opinions?

i have them and they add a cool effect if done right. they can also look rice to the extreme

I will totally agree with you that they do look good if done correctly, but VERY few setups are done correctly...

I know what you mean. I've seen bad set-ups from bad bulb placement to where I could actually see the bulb itself. But, I've also seen a few cars in my area where the set-up looked professionally done because the car looks like it's floating on the neons.

i have them and they add a cool effect if done right. they can also look rice to the extreme

I will totally agree with you that they do look good if done correctly, but VERY few setups are done correctly...

I agree also i wouldnt put neons on anypart of my Lumina i have too much fun scaring the drug dealers here with my car since the police use unmarked luminas. Adding neons will make the drugies think something. :lol:

I had them on my Z34 and what I got out of them was being pulled over twice, two broken bulbs, couple of shorts in the wires, and 200 dollars lost. They looked good when they worked (which was only for like a month). Just make sure you don't go cheap (gold series is the best) and you keep them clean. They aren't as bright when they are covered in dirt. As for being ricey, I think anything that is truely fast and is done professional-looking is not ricey. I mean you can call and civic rice until it comes out and kicks your ass, then you have to give respect to them. However you don't usually see this, a fart pipe, intake, and a giant spoiler on the civic doesn't count as fast :lol:

I think that they would look good on certain cars. Red TGP.. I don't think so. Looks great on xtremelumina92's car because the Z34s have cool ground FX and his car is WHITE. White cars definatly look cool with neons. My sister had me put one of those ghetto purple licence plate neon's on her white Sunfire, and as much as I hate those it looks okay on her car. Would look stupid as hell on mine.