looking for alcohol(methonol) for alcohol injection

92vinT

i have been to all the local speed shops around me and i have been told that i have to order it but i can't order it throught them so where can i order alcohol or what could be a good sub for it. i want to get the system in and have time to tune it and what not before high school nationals may 1st please help

Since your not boosted cauz nobody will sell you the shit 2 do it :lol:

Alcy is not going to help you much at all. Juice is going to give you a LOT more bang for the same buck. Alcy is good for boost because it burns slower then gas, has a cooling effect and cleans the motor out prenting buildup. Juice will cool the engine much better and burn quicker, which is better for NA.

Good luck

-Jeff

You usually have to have a license or at the very least go through a lot of paperwork to buy methanol. Aside from being used as race gas its also used in more chemical synthesis than you can possibly imagine, including drug manufacturing. So the FEDS usually like to know who's buying what.

You might try doing a search for chemical supply companies. I know at school we get all of our stuff from Aldrich Chemical, not sure if they sell to the public or not, but here's link:

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/suite7/Area_of_Interest/The_Americas/United_States.html

Go to the search page and use the chemical formula option, CH4O. Just go for the low purity stuff, ~99% I think.

Guest TurboSedan

you can use denatured alcohol from Ace Hardware. that's what eclipse5302 uses - there are pictures/info of his SMC alcohol injection kit on his website at http://www.turboste.com

your car should probably be turbocharged before you start thinking of an alcohol injection kit. you sure you can finish a turbo installation and add alcohol injection in less than 1 month? :roll:

joshua