glove box combnation

Guest Gp crazy

You can reset it first by putting in the correct 3 digits and (I think)sliding the orange tab over to the side...and then you can put in your new code.

IF you really need to get something out, simply take the two screws out of the bottom of the glove compartment door(they go through the black hinges directly on the bottom of the glove compartment door)should be able to carefully reach up into it and pull whatever out...you could also try to unlatch the door at the top while inside there and then try to figure out a way to reset the combo I guess.

A friend of mine got pulled over.. cops wanted to see what she had in the glove box... a few smacks with the nightstick and it was open :?

A friend of mine got pulled over.. cops wanted to see what she had in the glove box... a few smacks with the nightstick and it was open :?

:lol:

Theres only 3 digits.. wouldn't take that long to figure it out. Start with 000 till you end with 999 :P

holy hell....you realize how easy that glovebox is to pry open

then all you gotta do is twist a screw and snap the latch back in place

sorry....doesn't help you reset the combonation though

if it works like those cheap bike locks...

you should be able to hold light pressure up on it...while spinning them

from one side to the other...usually left to right...and you will feel

each tumbler set....go slow and feel for it

but maybe not...just a thought

When I first got my GP i assumed the seller would tell me the combo, he did not. So i had to choices go to GM or start rolling through all the numbers. I started rolling through common numbers like 123, 456,789, etc, then I did 000 and it opened.

When I first got my GP i assumed the seller would tell me the combo, he did not. So i had to choices go to GM or start rolling through all the numbers. I started rolling through common numbers like 123, 456,789, etc, then I did 000 and it opened.

thats the default :lol: :lol: :lol:

there is a silver key type thing that you put inbetween the numbers and when you hit the right number it will stop, i know, i had to do the same thing to my grand prix when i first bought it, ask like auto zone or a pontiac dealer, they will know what i am talking about...my two cents...Regalized

If you have to go to GM as you stated as one of your choices, instead of having them unlock it, which would cost you about 15 dollars, from what I was quoted, go instead to the parts department and tell them that you want a combination reset tool. They cost about a dollar, and they will probably have to order it since GM does not put combinations on the gloveboxes anymore, thank God. It's a thin piece of metal with a "V" on the end that you insert into the slots beside the numbers one at a time. Then you roll the dial and when it gets to the correct number, it stops the dial so that you can't move it anymore. Then you proceed to the next number and so on. The reason that I say do this is that is the same tool and method that the dealership is going to use. This way you get off cheaper and you also get a tool.

They were avalible late last year, so they should still be avalible. I have one that they ordered, and it works just fine. I DID crack one one time, and it did not take too long, but still it is easy to miss the combination if you don't know what it is. They can be fussy and have to be directly in line in order to open.

Also start with the defalt "000" and go in sequence "001, 002, 003"etc. I thought whoever has set it before would enter all three numbers, and when "000" didn't work, I started with 100 and went to 999. What was the combination? "009" :roll: So trust me on that one. You never know. It took me about thirity minutes to enter them all, so if you are paitent....

I'd still purchase the combination tool, though. It's easier, and you will have the tool if you forget the combination again, need to do the same for a fellow W-Body person, or use it for what I do; opening gloveoxes in junkyards.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gp crazy

tHANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES I WILL GO TO GM AND GET ONE OF THESE TOOL'S IT WAY EASIER THAN TO SIT THERE & KEEP TRYING IT OVER AND OVER 8) THANKS JEFF B