momo exhaust tip anybody?

mylifeisstupid

ok so my birthday is coming up (may 1st) and I asked my parents for a flowmaster super 40 muffler for my 3.1L 95 cutty coupe. That will run them about 65 bucks on ebay. Then I got looking into exhaust tips, and all I can seem to do is dream about a momo dual out type similar to this.

ltbmotorsport_1787_1153568

now I actually have never heard one on a domestic car, only on a lamborghini now that I think of it, but I'm wondering what you guys think it would sound like. Too powerful? would it not compliment the deep rumble of the super 40? Also they run about 100 bucks and up so I'm not to comfortable with spending more on my tip than my muffler.....but they're soooooo pretty. Let me know what you think, and if I shouldn't get the momo then what should I get?

ps- I'm almost positive my muffler is a 2.25 offset inlet center outlet, if anyone has the same kind of car and has purchased an aftermarket muffler, let me know if these are the measurements you got. I am bringing the car to my brother in law (a mechanic) later today so he should be able to tell me right off the bat but any help is appreciated.

Well, I don't think the Momo tip would change the exhaust tone very much at all... Maybe a little bit, but I don't think it's worth 100 bucks. They are some nice tips though.

anyone here sure about the exhaust diameter for a 3.1L 95 cutlass supreme coupe? Because like I stated before, I was almost sure it was 2.25 from reading a lot on these forums, but I brought it to my brother in law and he tells me its only 2. :evil: :evil: super 40's smallest diameter is 2.25!!! please help me out.

A good exhaust shop can use exhaust reducers to mount your muffler, just ask firt before you buy.

Also, Magnaflow sells an exhaust tip very similar to the momo, and probably a lot cheaper. Momo=$$$$

ok, so I will ask my brother in law about adapting the 2.25 to my 2 pipe, shouldn't be problem for him. I think the momo's are resonated. here is a better pic where you can see the inside more clearly and by the cone shape on the inside it looks like they very well could be, and if that's the case I will most definitely order one..... I am just drooling over how nice it will sound.... :mrgreen:

ltbmotorsport_1787_1377716

Your 3100/Flowmaster Super 40 combination will sound great. Like they said, the tips will only change the sound if they include built-in resonators. That Momo set looks very similar to mine (except mine are slant-cut without rolled edges). They look great, but beware of road salt if you live in a snowy climate; mine do not look near as good as they used to thanks to being caked with salt 4 months of the year.