need new lock cylinder for my door (part number?)

THe_DeTAiL3R

My 88 Grand Prix with the SHITTY doors. :x

The lock cylinder is REALLY worn out.. to the point where I can't bend the metal rods anymore to make it unlock the car. So I need new ones - which means new keys - which means the other door and trunk will need to be changed as well.

Anyone know where I can find this stuff online? Or do I have to go to the stupid dealer?

FUCKING STUPID 1ST GEN COUPES!!!! :evil: :evil: :bash: :cuss: :dammit:

You might try going to a junkyard and finding a 1st gen coupe, there have been cars I've seen that have had keys in them. Maybe you can take the lock cylinders from that, if they work ok. It's a quick fix, and it's not new ones, but at least they'd work.

I just bought two tumblers from the dealer. (I know I am going to be flamed for that one, :lol: :lol: )

They take your VIN and order tumblers to fit your key. Its sweet. Go that route, the tumblers are new, and not worn out at all. Besides, you can get black covers for the little piece of metal where your key goes, its hella sweet.

If you don't do that, I can pull the ones off my '89 tomorrow... I can get you the keys, but the trunk cylinder is.. broke.. to say the least.

When I bought my car, It didn't have any keys for the doors or trunk (it has keyless entry.) I went to the dealer with the VIN, they cut me a key, and the sumbitch didn't work, so I had to argue with the jackass to try to get my money back (the manager said tough sh--.) $20 to find out my car was re-keyed. He did give me the usless codes for my VIN, though. Anyways, I looked on NAPA Online and found a set for the doors for $19. That part number is ECH DLK32. They didn't have a matching cylinder for the trunk, so I said screw it. Locks were very easy to install...

If you don't do that, I can pull the ones off my '89 tomorrow... I can get you the keys, but the trunk cylinder is.. broke.. to say the least.

Do you still have the locks?? I sent you a PM.

Yeah I just got it. My browser blocks popups, so I didn't see I have any new messages.

I still have the parts... they're at home, haven't disassembled anything yet. I'll have to look and see what clips your looking for.. haven't looked at the thing for awhile.

yikes.. according to UPS, standard shipping looks to run about ten bucks for those little things.. approx. 6 day delivery.

I had trouble with my locks, I just sprayed some oil in there and they work like new. A good idea would be take apart the lock and replace everything except the lock pins (things that makes ur key open the door) with wrecker parts.

I have a lock cylinder you can have for free if you want it.

You'd have to pop the little cover and put your pins in it if you want it coded to your key, but if the pins are the problem on yours, then I guess it won't help you any!