Car weight

maybe2fast

I have a question, what is the weight of a 4 door Euro (Lumina) if it was put on a scale (I don't think the curb weight is the number I am looking for.)

Go to target and buy 4 bathroom scales, put one in front of each tire, drive ontop of the scales, and add them all together.

:lol: :lol: Are you fucking serious? Or just fucking with him? Either way:

positive14.jpg

Guest Gp crazy

my gp ste weighs in at 3385

my gp se two door weighs in at 3123 or so

& its a 5 speed & if it does not pass the test im going to sell her

soon

:(

I have a question, what is the weight of a 4 door Euro (Lumina) if it was put on a scale...

* 1990 Chevrolet Eurosport sedan = 3,042 lbs

That's curb weight; ready-to-roll with full tank of gas, no driver or luggage.

You guys need to search Autotrader more often; that site lists a ton of specs.

- Erik

id like to know why they weighed my 91 z at 3750 lbs last week during emissions. I will have to post the results later on another thread, but the state of CT is doing something f'ed up.(it did pass though)

id like to know why they weighed my 91 z at 3750 lbs last week during emissions.

Holy goodness, what'd you have in it when it got weighed? Your car shouldn't weigh near that much!

Auto Trader says my car's curb weight is 3,137 lbs. That seems like too little to me. I was thinking around 3,250-3,300. I wonder how accurate they are and where their info comes from.

Why is curb weight not what you want? Curb weight is the weight of the car with all fluids, no driver, and no cargo. For your effective weight in a race, add your own weight to the curb weight. You could also add 50 pounds for the other random crap you have in your car, but then, you probably don't drive around filling up your gas tank every 15 miles.

MSN autos seems to list more accurate curb weights then autotrader lists...I doubt my car(the 93 SE) only weighs the 3189lbs that autotrader says it does...I need to take a trip to the local sandpit here and see if they'll let me weigh my car on their scale. :D

id like to know why they weighed my 91 z at 3750 lbs last week during emissions.

Holy goodness, what'd you have in it when it got weighed? Your car shouldn't weigh near that much!

Yeah Im definately questioning the whole deal.

Heres a comparison of the two emissions tests I have had, state of CT sucks..... As you can see I failed in 2002 under the old testing because of NOx, now the new system has been in place and I passed. But I would have passed in 2002 if the 2004 standards in place.

Emissions from 2002: Failed (With new 02 sensor)

Maximum Results

CO 0.47 Ppm 0.1 Ppm

NOx ~700 Ppm ~900 Ppm - Reason, faulty EGR

Emissions from 2004:

Maximum Results

CO 0.47 Ppm 0.43 Ppm -with an O2 sensor having 5k miles on it (WTF!?)

NOx ~1200 Ppm ~500 Ppm

MSN autos seems to list more accurate curb weights then autotrader lists...I doubt my car(the 93 SE) only weighs the 3189lbs that autotrader says it does...

I agree. Auto Trader listed my car's curb weight as 3,137 lbs. MSN Autos listed it as 3,270 lbs. The MSN figure seems much more accurate and reasonable.

When I was working security at the metal scrap yard I drove the van up on the scale (its acurate within 20lbs... I stood on it and got 180). 1995 Lumina APV and it weighed in at around 38xxlbs (forget the number exactly), with me and some tools in it (rear seats removed), so basically the curb weight plus me (175lbs).

So, Intimidatorz34 they must have a really fucked up reading if your car weighs about the same as my van :lol:

I really wish I had my car on the road at that time, would have loved to see how much it weighs.