Exhaust Diameter

Dirty Rockstar

Okay, I need to know 101.73% for sure the diameter of a GP's dual exhaust pipes from the cat back.. Im talkin between 89-93/4.. I believe they are 2", but I figured Id ask here, lol.. Let me know!

Okay, I need to know 101.73% for sure the diameter of a GP's dual exhaust pipes from the cat back.. Im talkin between 89-93/4.. I believe they are 2", but I figured Id ask here, lol.. Let me know!

110% certain it's 2''!!!!!!! I just measured on a friends 92 SE(3.1...just replaced his dogbone mounts for him) My 93 had the same 2'' stock.

Be real sure guys. I've read many times that the z-34's have 2 1/4" until the y-pipe split, then 2" on back to each muffler. I realize that it's a different motor.

My stock single exhaust was 2" all the way. Now I'm 2 1/4 from down pipe back.

I think my car was 2.25 after cat and then 2" after Ypipe. I know the piping after the cat was bigger than the Ypipe, and the Ypipe was 2".

I have my dual setup.. Its from a 94 GP SE, and it has a resonator.. Should I keep this on a setup for my 3.1 MPFI? The motor in the GP was a 3100 SFI.. I have it from the cat, and I cut the mufflers off right at the end.. (To save money, lol..) I dont care what the diameter is at this point.. I am going to adapt to fit my Floewmasters, lol.. Err.. Maybe FlowmastER and a stock muffler on the dead side.. Not sure though because Delta 40s (THe ones I want) are between 40-60 bucks on ebay, NIB.. I dunno.. I need to get my front struts fixed first, lol.. And, I also get to make a way for this setup to mount onto my car, lol..

Keep in mind the size I stated was for 3.1 MPFI equipped Grand Prix's w/ the stock "dual exhaust" setup...just for *future* reference if someone happens to actually use the search function. :wink:

LMAO.. Yea, I was just stting that my parts csame from a 94 w/ the 3100 SFI, and has a resinator.. I just wanted to make it know, alothough you all probably dont care, lmao.. :lol:

LMAO.. Yea, I was just stting that my parts csame from a 94 w/ the 3100 SFI, and has a resinator.. I just wanted to make it know, alothough you all probably dont care, lmao.. :lol:

I would imagine the 3100 has the same 2'', I would keep the resonator if you're putting on a flowmaster, it will keep it from sounding "airy" if it does nothing else. I would however ditch the cat if it were me(either that or have flanges placed in the piping before/after the cat so you can alternate between running a cat and a test pipe and/or muffler/resonator of your choice there as well..going this route on any cars I mod the exhaust on in the future so I won't have to worry about emissions w/ no cat).

Emissions arent s problem, and This yard doenst sell cats.. I had planned on keeping my cat. because it is law, and my friend from texas has his stock cat on his Celebrity w/ the 3.1 in it.. Sounds killer.. I have a vid. of his car running w/ sound.. It sounds great.